Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

ive used Tony Ford a few times - seems good

I have just had a new roof put on my home in Hillsborough and I used All Build Construction after seeing their name come up on the forum a couple of times and I have been really happy with them. They kept in touch with me throughout to let me know what was happening ie when scaffolding would be going up and when they would start work etc and they did exactly as they said they would. The roof looks great now and I am no longer checking my ceilings for drips every time it rains! The guy who I contacted is called Stuart and you can reach him on 07984 880806 or 0114 2321632. Its the first time I have needed anything doing to my home but I wouldnt hesitate to use them again.

Hope this helps!

(he'll kill me for this) but... if ANYONE can recommend a roofer who can do a repair to roof window with a bitumen top and this year hopefully :roll: please let me know, before it caves in and take the spare bedroom out!

(you know where they use to blow torch things)

Have previously recommended Mark Neild of TopTile Roofing.

Do a search under his name or business name, on this forum and see how many satisfied customers he has had.

That's how I found him and have been more than happy with the work he did.:)

Can't recommend this guy enough. Friendly, polite, efficient, does a fantastic job and won't mess you or your finances about. :thumbsup:

Hi, not sure where to put this post, please move if its in the wrong place!

i have a lean to extension on the rear on my house with a plastic polycarbate roof, the flashing where the roof joins the house has not been done properly and as such is leaking, thinki this is because of the rendering on the side of the house. Also the guttering has never been properly complete and sp water runs of the main roof down a down pipe into a section of guttering on the extension rof then off straight onto the floor. This water then pol and comes up into the extension via the carpet....

looking for someone who could do the work t repair, all it would b is flashing where it joins the house and a length of guttering.

i keep calling people from The Star etc who then either dnt show to quote or just dnt show to do the work, starting to get desperate now because i need it doing ASAP so that i can sort the interior to make it a dining room for christmas.

my number is 07966019740 and we live in S5 just off Herries Road.

Cheers

Mark

As "Twitcher" noted, good and cheap don't go hand in hand, but I'd recommend Crofts of Dykes Hall Road. It's an old-established family business - Simon Croft's great-grandfather was roofing new houses in Hillsborough in the 1890s. Website: http://www.f-croft.freeserve.co.uk/

my partner is a roofer . what kind of flashings, please specify .

The ones who grin at us from all those free glossy magazines we keep getting pushed through our letterbox! Frankly, I find the pair of them quite scary.

LOL Mr & Mrs Chav

Search on sheffield forum for the thread on Martin Brooks Roofing.

This thread should help.We did use them and they did a first class job putting right a job that someone made a mess of.NEVER spend cheap on a roof is my advice.

We used Martin Brookes six years ago; they were fantastic in every respect. But not cheap. Not sure if they do small jobs.

I too had Martin Brooks roofing some years ago, superb job but not cheap, however I am sure (having an acquanitance who works there) that their main work is now commercial, ie churches schools etc. Give them a call they're very professional and it's worth a quote for comparision and they'll tell you exactly what you need. We had one roofer who said he wanted to put concrete tiles on our house (slated at present) it was clear that the structure could not take concrete tiles (marleys) so get the best advice and go from there.

Would very very strongly recommend ABA ROOFING on 2746533. Carl has roofed three of our houses, and numerous freind's houses - and everyone has been pleased with price and quality of work. Most recently we moved to a large house - Carl's quotes mateched the average of the other three quotes that the people we were buying from got in. The big difference? They all quoted for replacing with the cheapest tiles on the market, but Carl used the cheap ones on the back of the property but recycled ones from the back and front made of Welsh Slate, so that the front of the house kept its 'appearance'. This was far more time consuming but has made a huge difference to the appearance of the house (and in terms of landfill!) - if we had bought new welsh slate, just for the front of the house, the cheapest quote was £7,500!!!! He also re-fixed some huge leaded work we have over our bay windows which none of the other roofers had even considered, and which we thought we would need a different builder for.

Really can't recommend him enough - very friendly, family run business (employs his two sons) - will give you a no obligation quote and be honest about when he can do the work - and will turn up then too!