Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

hi...

can anyone recommend a good honest cheap roofer...im having trouble with my flashings ive had some quotes off well astablished places (wont mention names) but with the rain and stuff theyve bumped the prices up!!!!

cheers in advance!!!

Unfortunately good and cheap don't go hand in hand, I can thoroughly recommend Sothall roofing and Martin Brooks, with a roof it's not worth taking risks and you do get what you pay for.

Hello

I have used Steves roofing services turned up when he said and did a good job

give him a ring 07877 626347

Stuart from All Build Construction has just done our flashings and lead bay roof - very good, and half the price of the other quote from a well-known firm (Former James Bond, first name Timothy). Think his number is 07984880806 - though haven't a card to hand, so might be wrong.

yes tis the firm i had had a quote off...propa wrong... cheers everyone anyway...will def be ringing and getting some quotes...

thanks again

half the price of the other quote from a well-known firm (Former James Bond, first name Timothy).

The ones who grin at us from all those free glossy magazines we keep getting pushed through our letterbox! Frankly, I find the pair of them quite scary.

Can anybody recommend a roofer in Sheffield please? I need a quote on a house I'm buying.

Many thanks in advance.

Have previously recommended Mark Neild of TopTile Roofing.

Do a search under his name or business name, on this forum and see how many satisfied customers he has had.

That's how I found him and have been more than happy with the work he did.:)

I used to live in hillsborough & needed a a roof repair on my 3 bed terrace.

The "Valley" between the off shot bathroom & rest of roof needed stripping & repairing. Plus other odd tiling replacement.

I had several quotes & most roofers were trying to sell me a new roof or Quoted high costs for roof overhaul & valley replacement

Circa 1-2k for repairs to current roof- far higher for new

However Paul Naylor ( PJ NAylor /Bradfield Roofing) came & quoted far less than that £280 for the ic materials etc job.

He came did the job - a full days work for 2 people.

Repair was spot on & quality.

I'm using him again for my new house!

his number is 07776094347

Can highly recommend Goffs, the replaced our flat roof extension and dorma window

Fantastic work at good price

Martin Brookes did a very professional job on our roof (westmorland style). They knocked out sections of the stone walls and put in continuous roofline vents. Very reliable and tidy. They weren't cheap but I was more than happy to pay a bit extra for a job well done.

Martin Brooks - i would always use them.

Any idea how soon after being given the go-ahead could Martin Brookes start a job? And how long does it take to re-roof the average mid-size terrace? We're buying a house that needs a re-roof and I'm wondering whether we'll get it done this year or not. (Yes I know I'd be best off asking them but we're not quite that far down the line yet).