Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

well thanks for actually answering my question!!!!!!!! really hope you are never in same situation one day!

I would suggest that you take the furniture out of your conservatory and put plastic sheeting up and block the doorway into the conservatory for now as the others as said you won't get a roofer out today as it's too dangerous for them.

P.S. Just as a matter of interest which part of S5 are you in - I'm just about to leave work and set off home and wondering what I will get back to?

well thanks for actually answering my question!!!!!!!! really hope you are never in same situation one day!

no need to take it out of us we are in the same boat half my roof is missing and nearly all my fencing is down but I would not waste my money asking for a roofer to go on my roof tonight I have done roofing in the past and I would not go on the roof in this wind..

honestly think about it would you go on the roof

ok and i hadn't thought of that!

i thought mayb someone may at least be able to have a look (as they would know what they were talking about) so i can tell the letting agency tomorrow when they feel like answering their phones!

boyf leaving work early and coming home to see what he can do!

thanks again!

I empathise as do thousands of others I imagine - I too have damage - I have some of my roof off!

However, there is no way I could have someone's death on my conscience from crawling on my roof, so when someone has said they will call tomorrow I'm cool with that! Get out your yellow pages, or Thompsons, the first guy i called told me he'd be here tomorrow. The insurance were great as well - told me if it's under £500 just get it done!

Life is more important that property - keep it in perspective!

ok and i hadn't thought of that!

i thought mayb someone may at least be able to have a look (as they would know what they were talking about) so i can tell the letting agency tomorrow when they feel like answering their phones!

boyf leaving work early and coming home to see what he can do!

thanks again!

I doubt if anyone would come and look honestly the best thing is to wait until tomorrow

s5 near NGH.

ok am fed up of sarcastic comments - will sit tight and wait for my letting agency - after all if the roof damages the NEW FLOORING the landlord will have an even bigger bill on his hands! not the 1st leak we've had in there but definatly the worst.

no good anyone coming to sort it out 2moro cause i'm working.

didn't think of someone crawling all over it - obviously i wouldn't force anyone to do that and a nice word from a roofer on here saying - sorry you won't get it done tonight would have been fine instead of me being accused of wanting to kill people and pretty much being told ho0w dumb i was.

this is my 1st property and obv i don't know all the protocals!

The protocol chick is batten down the hatches, wait till morning assess the damage and then call a builder. :D

as far as I can see you recieved practical advice nobody was being sarcastic thousands of people will be in the same or worst boat tonight

do the same as most people dont expect the impossible the roads are gridlocked all over sheffield and you want someone to come and look at your roof come on get yourself in the real world and look at the problems of others apart from just yourself

oakes is offering services if you PM them, linky

but they wont come out tonight thats what is wanted

will they?????

doubtful but I'm sure chick can come to an arrangement to see them sometime convenient to them tomorrow. :)