H1 bus service Northern General

Teaching hospital staff get free travel on this bus, but NHS staff have to pay, seems crazy to me as the NHS fund this service just spoke to community transport who run the service and they confirmed this

1 hour ago, Coey375 said:

Teaching hospital staff get free travel on this bus, but NHS staff have to pay, seems crazy to me as the NHS fund this service just spoke to community transport who run the service and they confirmed this

Actually STH fund this bus, out of their budget, therefore their staff travel free.

SCH don't contribute, so their staff pay to use this bus.

Edited by sheffandy

On 27/11/2019 at 11:35, sheffandy said:

Actually STH fund this bus, out of their budget, therefore their staff travel free.

SCH hospital didn't want to be part of STH all those years ago.

If they contributed in some way to the running of this very useful service then their staff could travel free too.

11 hours ago, Daven said:

SCH hospital didn't want to be part of STH all those years ago.

If they contributed in some way to the running of this very useful service then their staff could travel free too.

think they stopped travelling free about 3/4 years ago now.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:49, sheffandy said:

think they stopped travelling free about 3/4 years ago now.

I don't think SCH has ever been part of this scheme.  Why would they when their staff only work in one main site at the west of the city?

I believe this bus scheme came into existence in the 2000s as part of several ways to help with the staff parking problems. They were planning to build a massive multi-storey car park at the NGH but the locals objected to the building so it never got built. This bus service was to allow the central staff to park at the NGH multi-storey and take the bus to central. No doubt the size and frequency of the bus would have been different if the Car park had been built.

On 01/12/2019 at 12:53, muddycoffee said:

I don't think SCH has ever been part of this scheme.  Why would they when their staff only work in one main site at the west of the city?

I believe this bus scheme came into existence in the 2000s as part of several ways to help with the staff parking problems. They were planning to build a massive multi-storey car park at the NGH but the locals objected to the building so it never got built. This bus service was to allow the central staff to park at the NGH multi-storey and take the bus to central. No doubt the size and frequency of the bus would have been different if the Car park had been built.

Well you could well say the same about Sheffield University staff, their staff now pay on this bus, a few years ago they travelled free.

Students still travel free though.

On 27/11/2019 at 11:35, sheffandy said:

NHS professionals and teaching hospital staff are all there to look after us and our loved ones they all do a fantastic job with poor pay terrible hours and little appreciation from anybody, give them a little in return for their hard work, NHS professionals work at all hospital sites across the city.

Edited by Coey375
Added text

2 hours ago, gluedtopc said:

Is the H1 still picking up non NHS passengers ?

Not according to this page: Travelsouthyorkshire

1 hour ago, alexander874 said:

You're wrong it says only NHS.

The question was:

Is the H1 still picking up non NHS passengers ?

My response:

Not according to this page: Travelsouthyorkshire

So, according to the link I supplied, the H1 is not picking up non NHS passengers. i.e. only picking up NHS staff.

How is that wrong?