H1 bus service Northern General

Recently moved to the Northern General area and was wondering about the H1 Northern General to Hallamshire bus service..

Someone said it was free.. is it?

Thanks in advance..

:confused:

Yes it is free. Although think you need to be part of the NHS

Hi.

H1 is only free if you work for the hospitals otherwise it's £2 from there to the Hallamshire.

To use it for free you must present your Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Staff pass or your Sheffield University Pass. Otherwise members of the public can pay to use it.

Takes around 25 minutes from the Northern to the Hallamshire and the same back again during the middle of the day when the traffic is not too bad.

I think if you have a pensioners bus pass it is free otherwise without an STH ID badge it will cost £1. Unless they have raised the price as i see earlier someone said £2. Last time i got on it people were paying £1

I have found it not very reliable, especially when people are starting and finishing work. It has driven past my stop in Hillsborough many times.

I think if you have a pensioners bus pass it is free otherwise without an STH ID badge it will cost £1. Unless they have raised the price as i see earlier someone said £2. Last time i got on it people were paying £1

The price has gone up.

I got on it at NGH last week and the OAP in front of me asked if she had to pay.. he said 'no one has to pay'?!?! Not sure....

I catch the H1 every day.

For Sheffield Teaching Hospital Staff it is free(Must show ID badge)

For Sheffield University Staff & Students It is free(Must show ID badge)

For general public a complete journey from each terminus it is £2, for a part journey it is £1(e.g. to Penistone Rd)

Pensioners are free on production of Concessionary Pass.

The service runs Monday to Friday only.

The first bus leaves Hallamshire and Northern General at 6am

The last bus leaves Hallamshire and Northern General at 6pm

The current timetable is here: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/viewtimetable.aspx?id=1549

Hope this clears things up.

Are you sure it's free for all university students? I read elsewhere that it's only for medical students. The university ID card has your department on it, so I guess they can check.