Sign in to follow this  

One arm bandits, are they stealing your cash

Are V.L.Ts (one arm bandits) legal in U.K. in canada they are run by organized crime (the goverment) they steal from the poor and give to the rich.

You don't have to put money in them - FACT

If you are attracted by the flashing lights and the chance to win on them then you need your head examining - FACT

:D

There are notices on these machines stating what % is paid out, they are clearly labelled.

Well I have seen the poor stealing from the rich with the help of 50 pence on a bit of wire... Does that trick still work? not that I would consider such a dishonest act myself of course :suspect:

Originally posted by flyer

Are V.L.Ts (one arm bandits) legal in U.K. in canada they are run by organized crime (the goverment) they steal from the poor and give to the rich.

In the UK the govt. don't need such subterfuge, - they just demand your money and if you don't pay up they make you bankrupt or, if you're lucky, just send you to jail :D

It never ceases to amaze me how certain individuals will duly stand in front of these things, shovelling money in by the bucketload and jumping for joy when they win a few quid. The mathematical odds are stacked well against the punter, but they just can't resist it. I think the maximum payout in pubs is £25 which only happens occasionally and is nothing compared to the amount of dosh poured into these machines. The one in my local pays for the landlords frequent foreign holidays.

Originally posted by Magneteer

The one in my local pays for the landlords frequent foreign holidays.

Good point.

I guess a lot of punters are attracted by the flashing light and faint hope they might win a little back. I've got a friend who always seems to win a lot on bandits, always walks away with pockets full of pound coins. If you someone like him you'd think "maybe I can win too". What you don't see is how much he put in in the first place.

They are supposed to pay out 70% of the takings as 'prize money', the rest funds the owner's foreign holidays as stated earlier. In fact they are often rigged to pay out less - but how are you going to prove that?

There is only ever one winner, and thats the house.

You can hear it come out but never hear it go in.

A bit like sex

Originally posted by flyer

A tax is an involuntary fee; someone playing a bandit has a choice. Do you not see the difference between taxation and someone making the decision to play a bandit in the knowledge that the odds are against them?

Well, I suppose you could say that one armed bandits are a "Tax on Stupidity"