Northumberland Rd Hole in ground

Walked past the big hole. All vegetation has been cleared Amazing!

I wonder what will happen now?

Walked past the big hole. All vegetation has been cleared Amazing!

I wonder what will happen now?

Were you the gent walking round the site and peering down into the hole this morning at 09:00?

Noticed that the big hole has been cleared out

What will be happening next???

On 04/03/2019 at 09:35, markfor said:

Noticed that the big hole has been cleared out

What will be happening next???

It is now being filled in, using the earth from the construction site on the other side of Northumberland Road.

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, PeteM01 said:

It is now being filled in, using the earth from the construction site on the other side of Northumberland Road.

Perfect place for fill. 

On 06/07/2019 at 21:03, PeteM01 said:

No sign of it being filled in as of yesterday, it's still the same old hole with the same bit of rubble in the bottom.  Also the construction is on the old football pitches on Whitham Road, not exactly just over the road although it's feasible that it coud be transported there. They started drilling the foundations about a month ago.

I don't think the University actually own that land though, or have they been given permission to use the hole for landfill which would probably suit both parties?

3 hours ago, John_S6 said:

No sign of it being filled in as of yesterday, it's still the same old hole with the same bit of rubble in the bottom.  Also the construction is on the old football pitches on Whitham Road, not exactly just over the road although it's feasible that it coud be transported there. They started drilling the foundations about a month ago.

I don't think the University actually own that land though, or have they been given permission to use the hole for landfill which would probably suit both parties?

someones been doing something though  - I saw a mini jcb moving earth around a few weeks ago, and someone has dumped a load of yellow tubes there too.

4 hours ago, John_S6 said:

The facts:

1) Quite a few tons of earth and stone have been dumped around the rim of the hole over the last 7-10 days, some of which has tumbled to the bottom, covering up some of the decaying vegetation in the bottom.

2) The construction work is literally on the other side of Northumberland Road; no-one said 'just over the road'.

3) The rubble from the construction site is partly contaminated with asbestos and hydrocarbons.

4) The university do not own the 'hole' site.

The idle speculation:

1) It is possible that uncontaminated topsoil is being stored at the 'hole' site rather than being used as fill, to allow it to be reused.

2) Someone else entirely could be using the 'hole' site to store their dirt and yellow tubing.

Yellow tubing is for the gas work going on down Harcourt Road/Crookes Valley surely?