Vito's in Walkley - Superb!

If anyone is fancying going soon I'd recommend the pasta with truffles and almonds from the specials board. Vito went out to Italy last week to collect them himself and the dish is just gorgeous. I went for the wild boar as usual because I can never resist it, but my OH's truffle pasta was better, and half the price.

An absolutely terrible review here

However maybe the reviewer should have made sure he'd avoided being caught on CCTV doing a runner, and not provided his real name. Or his phone number. When the police finally caught up with him he was "invited" to pay his bill in full but as a parting shot decided to post this review.

He didn't bank on Vito responding and making him look like a lackwit though :hihi:

What a total low-life.

Fantastic response from Vito, though. Loved the part about the date crouching down behind the van!

They sounded like absolute low life - gypsys more like even that is insulting gypsys ... doing a runner and peeing in the streets !!

Its not put me off Vito one iota - in fact the owners gracious and dignified response in the face of their quite frankly outrageous, ignorant, obscene and base rude behaviour , endears me more to him and his establishment !!!

It is truly fantastic. My first visit was when I was a week old, and I am now 15. Fantastic every time. You can't beat Vito's for an Italian meal in Sheffield. We had friends over from Australia, and they were blown away by it, too.

Food OK, nothing special although I did go on a Friday night when it was very busy

So many different reviews for this place. I have visitors coming over from the states soon but now I'm not sure where to take them !:huh:

So many different reviews for this place. I have visitors coming over from the states soon but now I'm not sure where to take them !:huh:

For Italian? Take them to Gusto or Milanos.

I think you must be thinking of the wrong place. Quite aside from the food, which I understand is a matter of personal opinion, the service is some of the friendliest, politest, most genuine service I have ever encountered.

---------- Post added 22-09-2016 at 15:05 ----------

Really don't. Gusto used to be alright, but has gone downhill. The basics food is sub-standard, the more delicate dishes mediocre, and the service truly appalling.

---------- Post added 22-09-2016 at 15:06 ----------

I hate to ask, but are you thinking of the right place? I know that it frequently gets confused with Kito's, a much worse restaurant.

---------- Post added 22-09-2016 at 15:07 ----------

Vito's is a great place to take them. I had friends over from Australia and we went there. They live in Sydney, so are used to high-class food, and they absolutely loved Vito's.

---------- Post added 22-09-2016 at 15:08 ----------

I second that opinions. I think the man you are thinking of is Paolo. We are good friends with him through the restaurant.