Akbars? Opinions please!!

whats akbars like these days? Iv heard its gone down hill!!!

Its location always puts me off, backs on to the sewers, and sometimes the air is very ..well smelly.

EWW!! I couldn't sit and eat if it smells!!!! I heard the food was rubbish yesterday!!

I was not suggesting the premises smell, the surrounding area, car park etc in certain weathers smells, off putting when your thinking of food.

I've never noticed any funny smells and the food has always been lovely. If you don't like the location and don't mind travelling, the one in Leeds is nice.

I've never noticed any funny smells and the food has always been lovely. If you don't like the location and don't mind travelling, the one in Leeds is nice.

Am sure its located far better than the Rotherham venue..the Rotherham venue has the best crop of tomatos growing just yards away.

The major Tinsley viaduct sewer plant.

P.S there is nothing funny about the odour, luckys its not every day, heavy rains or heat waves really bring on the smell.

I have never noticed this smell and I do eat out alot, twice a week in Akbars sometime. Food is always good with excellent service. It has very relaxing surrounding and I have always notice it 3/4 of the resturant is always full. Akbars has six branches through out the country with minimum of 20 working staff just in the resturant in every branch.... Definatly would recommend if you love Indian food...

I have never noticed this smell and I do eat out alot, twice a week in Akbars sometime. Food is always good with excellent service. It has very relaxing surrounding and I have always notice it 3/4 of the resturant is always full. Akbars has six branches through out the country with minimum of 20 working staff just in the resturant in every branch.... Definatly would recommend if you love Indian food...

Sorry if i have offended anyone, but as i pass the premises every day, i sstand by my comments, i went to a wedding event there and the food was fine, I just think its location, and the climat some days puts you right off.

I thinks its vastly overrated and always has been, if its busy its like a cattle market.

Went to Shapla last night and the food was far far superior to Akbars, the service was excellent too.

Akbars has gone down hill from the nasty food to the rude staff that work their. It seems as soon as you are in the door & youhave sat down they want you out of the door again. My friends & I have not been back to that dive for a while & this is coming from someone who went their two to three times a week & am in no rush to go back either :). I knew most of the staff including the management but like I have said what is the point of going to a place where the service & proffesionalism is 0-

Aagrah all the way for me & my friends. A added bonus the food is 10/10

I;ve always thought it was overrated to be honest.

My two favourite Indian restaurants in Sheffield are Zara's in Crookes and Aagrah in Leopold Square. Both far superior IMO.

I;ve always thought it was overrated to be honest.

My two favourite Indian restaurants in Sheffield are Zara's in Crookes and Aagrah in Leopold Square. Both far superior IMO.

I agree with you on this one and also 7Spices on West Bar....went there a few times and both equally nice :)