Good Guitar Technician Wanted!

Thanks for the compliments j4wn..at the end of the day..if a few people get a laugh, then all is well........

But back to your guitar..it seems like a strange problem you got there...and you also seem to be quite knowledgeable about the guitar as well....i am sure someone on here will be along to offer some serious in depth advice tho..hope you get it sorted soon mate...

Cheers mate, I keep putting effort into solving it, read my post to marcmellus, the old grey matter is still stirring.

Edited by j4wn

Mark at RichTone every time. Sounds to me like a dodgy set of strings so I would change them first as its the cheapest option and while they are off, run a pencil lead in the grooves on the nut.

Thanks for the reply, Gibbo. I've heard about graphite being mentioned before but usually on standard non locking nuts. Have a read of my post to marcmellus, I came across something that might be an issue, see what you reckon.

Mark at RichTone was working in Sound Control by the Showroom at least twelve years ago. Given that he can't be much older than his mid twenties by now, was he involved in some sort of child labour...? He's a good lad, anyway, but I can't speak for his skills setting up a guitar, as I've never used him. He does play a variety of guitars with locking trems, so perhaps his knowledge of the genre is good.

Steve Gaines at Wavelength must have been working on guitars since before they were invented. He's a nice guy, although I don't get on with the owner there!

If you're worried that you've got a problem with your neck rather than your hardware, you can generally tell by sighting along the neck. If the frets look parallel, they probably are.

Thanks for replying, I'm glad to hear good things about him, I phoned the store and he does a lot of work on locking trems. I would like to give steve gaines a go, I'm sure he's great, i'll have to decide. It's funny you should say that about wavelength as I also never feel fully comfortable in there, I don't know why. Check my reply to marcmellus, I thought of another issue it may be. Bye for now.

late to the party... but as others have said, keep your nut lubricated!

you can get buy 'nut sauce' for this task, however, as others have mentioned, pencil lead works nicely!

another question, did you change guage with the string change?... the reason i ask, if the nut is too tight for the string, it can pinch it and prevent it from returning to pitch as it should - upping the guage or changing brands could be a cause of this?

congrats on the wolfgang though. very nice guitars! has yours got a tone knob?

if you dont post pictures... people may question your ownership too! :D