The Waggon & Horses at Millhouses, is the food any good?

Just thinking of somewhere to go to eat locally, use to use the W&H a few years ago but herd its expensive now, any help anyone? :)

Food not great and they frequently run out of drinks.

Last time we went in for a meal was 2 years ago, because it went downhill in terms of food standard for the preceding 2 years and we decided that if the food was going to be that mediocre then we could get something of equal standard without paying their prices.

It wasn't bad really, but there wasn't much that could be said in its favour either.

We ate there about 4 Sundays in a row when we were kitchen-less! It was fine. Nothing fancy though but pretty reasonable. Very accomodating staff particularly welcoming for families and older folk imo.

Horrible. Mate took me and said the food was really nice. Ordered olives and bread as a starter that was foul. Tinned black olives and pokey little tubs of vegetable oil not olive oil! Bread clearly vacuum packed. Made me gag.

Don't order olives and bread in a pub in Sheffield. That's just ridiculous. But if you want a pie, or gammon, or fish n chips, you'll be fine.

Waggon and Horses was rubbish last time I went in about 6 months ago, plastic pub food, overpriced keg beers! We used to go in the Ember Inn Robin Hood across the road, thats taken a nosedive too, in need of a refurb, overworked staff who are clearly just warming food up! I can recommend the Shepley Spitfire though, just up the road at Totley or the Castle off Twentywell Lane at Bradway, excellent food and drink in both those.

Been good when I've been before. :thumbsup:

Edited by WALKLEYBLADE
wrong post.

Had the burgers a few weeks ago - thought it was lovely! We often go for a wander round the park then pop in for a drink.

Had the burgers a few weeks ago - thought it was lovely! We often go for a wander round the park then pop in for a drink.

Got to say I haven't had a good meal in there for ages, shame really it's a nice pub in a good spot.

Me and my girlfriend eat there regularly and have rarely had any problems. Some of the less pubby items (olives and bread) aren't upto scratch but my daughter can eat free and the pies are always worth recommending! One of the few places I can take the little one without either feeling unwelcome or being surrounding by screaming kids. Although the meals can take a while.

I saw a great review of the place in the Telegraph just before Christmas but it won't let me post the link.