Bright light over Woodseats

Ok, so im no sci fi nerd! But I usually see abright star out my window every night but tonight it has a 'tail' on it and it looks like a cluster of lights thro the binocs,its not moving so I dont thing the little green men are coming just yet....can u see it? What do we think it is!?

Cheers in anticipation

Well bless my soul I think it might be Venus and Mars........

It'l be either Jupiter or Venus depending on where abouts in the sky it is,

Mars is close to the moon tonight.

JJ..:)

Run for your lives, it is the little green men. one just landed in my garden and you really don't want to know what it did with its probe......

The dog is dead :wow:

Jupiter and her moons will appear as a slightly elongated blob. Through bins you should be able to pick out 3 or 4 moons. With a 6" reflector on a night like tonight, a clear view of the Jovian weather system might be in store. The red spot too, if you can get it right.

in my case it was over attercliffe this morning at around 6am. and it wasn't just a pin point of light.

the best i can describe it was like a arc welder the same bright high intensity light, but this was over all the sky, at first i thought it was lightning but this went on for 30 mins or more and the burst were for 5 to 10 seconds. it was really strange, just lit up the sky, i wonder if anyone else noticed it?

It's the start of an alien invasion.

Well bless my soul I think it might be Venus and Mars........

Quote. The chances of anyone coming from Mars is a million to one they said, but the chances of winning the lottery is ?

Its the track lights over the Woodseats road bridge works! you can stand down now!