Abbeydale Junior School

I went to Abbeydale Junior School in the late 40's to 50's I think we will all be in our 70's now and I was wondering if anybody can recall their class mates. The names of those I can remember were: Anne Walker, Bruce Gore, Alan Newbould, Brenda Wales, Derek Flower, Sandra Hiley, Pat Hopkinson, Kenneth Fox, Anne Gaines, Florence Millington, Pat Packard, I was just wondering if any of you are still alive and going strong. :):)

I was there from `48 to `54. Need the memory jogged for names.

I was there in 64/5.. Miss Mosely, Fanny Fairbourne the head teacher who had a pot leg..

I remember Miss Mosely. She was getting on when I was there. So must have been quite elderly by those years.

Hi to the previous posts,  I was there from Jan 1947 to end of school year 1953. Hope that you are still active on the forum. I see that the seniors did have an active forum but it seem to have tailed off. I was in Mr. Pritchards class in J4 and I also remember Miss Mosley, and Miss Laycock. Miss Longmate was headmistress whilst I was there. Hope that you read this and then we can confer and maybe find others. My name is Robert Grant.

A few names - students - Joan Hutchinson, A Gillott, Brenda Hallam, K Lindley, Lynn Baggott, David Smith, D Holford.

Staff - Mr Fearnley, Mrs Fletcher. Can probably come up with a few more students and staff.

Rob.

Miss Moseley was still there in the late 70's when I was there.

1956 -61 for me.
I certainly remember Fanny Fairbourne but not the pot leg!
Other teachers I recall (apologies for any spelling errors): Mrs/Miss Burrell, Moseley, Mr Wiggett.
Fellow classmates at various times:
Ian Barber, Steven Everson , David Hutchinson, David Beal, Alan Bottomley, John Plews, Margaret Bown and her 3 siblings, Ann Brackenbury, Deborah Holmes, Lucy Wyatt, Tony Dyson, Peter Flint, Ian Ross. David? Allen, David?Platt, Graham Wilkinson, Ian Makinson, David Barnes, Philip ?? who lived on Wake Road.......
Other snippets that just surface as I write....
The 4 houses, Hardwick (blue), Chatworth (yellow), Haddon (red), Welbeck (green). Collecting house points every Friday from the peg boards. Reception class using slate board and chalk.
Ink wells/monitor, milk/ watery orange juice monitor - stair monitor.
Boys' outside toilets at the bottom left of the playground and the obligatory competition. The old air raid shelters where we kept the coconut mats.
The school plays in the upstairs hall.
The swimming lessons at Heeley baths with the legendary Mr Wall, who seemed to teach every kid in south Sheffield forever.
Let me go and think a little more.....

I went there in 57, remember Miss Moseley, Mr Wiggott. People in my class were Neil Armstrong ,Malcolm Silverwood, Kath Foster, Helen Burgin ,Janet Morton to name a few. I was in Welbeck house, great times !