EBay problem seller!

I would be very surprised if the seller offers a refund / return, I'm yet to see an item on eBay described as "faulty" which doesn't also have "As this item is faulty, no requests for refund or return will be accepted" (or the like) also as part of the item description.

Can you post the link to the item?

Item on eBay.

The issue is, it was described as a £25 fix and it's around £100. Not as described.

Distance buying policy should be in favour of the buyer.

Hmm to save further angst just write it off to a bad experience that'll hopefully result in more scepticism next time.

The issue is, it was described as a £25 fix and it's around £100. Not as described.

Distance buying policy should be in favour of the buyer.

Hmm to save further angst just write it off to a bad experience that'll hopefully result in more scepticism next time.

According to him, the £25 was from a local repair shop, not an official Apple store.

I even went in Curry's PC World at Meadowhall to see if it would be any cheaper to get it fixed by them, they don't repair them :(:rant:

I wouldn't mind but I have about £50 worth of Itunes content on my PC from when I had an Iphone last year that I can't do anything with as it's not compatible with any other device but an Iphone/pad/pod.

Hmm the sale doesn't quote a repair estimate and is worded "no returns".

Oh dear.

:(

He could have him on the item's description though.

Item is described as a 1st Gen ipod touch.

Side buttons weren't introduced untill the 2nd gen. ;)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353

He could have him on the item's description though.

Item is described as a 1st Gen ipod touch.

Side buttons weren't introduced untill the 2nd gen. ;)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353

Actually yeah I could, the assistant in the Apple shop said it wasn't a 1st Gen Ipod as advertised, so technically he's broken the trades descriptions Act by saying it was one.

Might be a lot cheaper to try Fone Fun Shop near ASDA Handsworth for a free quote.

Yeah, I'll nip down there next week and see.

Thinking though, if I took it to somewhere like Maplins at Hillsborough would they be able to do anything? It's a bit more local than Handsworth you see.

I took it to the Apple shop in Meadowhall to see about a repair, they want £106!

I could have told you that without even looking at it. That's the base price for repairing an out of warranty 16GB iPod Touch.

How the seller can quote a repair price of £25 is beyond me. Any replacement parts can only be knock off for that kind of money.

Maplins is not the place to take it, you need to take it to an independent place that fixes them and get a quote. Taking it to Apple or curries is just daft. Ring that place in Handsworth someone recommend and see what they say or look on line for other places that repair things, or post on here!

You can easily convert convert Itunes format music so why not just do that and then stick it on your phone.

Maplins is not the place to take it, you need to take it to an independent place that fixes them and get a quote. Taking it to Apple or curries is just daft. Ring that place in Handsworth someone recommend and see what they say or look on line for other places that repair things, or post on here!

You can easily convert convert Itunes format music so why not just do that and then stick it on your phone.

Thing is though, can you convert Itunes videos to work? I'll try and get to the place at Handsworth tomorrow or next week.

As for the "faulty" Ipod, my research online and in the local Apple store tells me I can get it repaired for half the price of the item, I paid £29 in total inc postage.

Not very good research then? I hope the case does not go in your favour, how can you expect him to refund you the money when you knew it was faulty and sold as no returns.