Sign in to follow this  

Secret Santa...Help needed!!!

This year at work some of them decided we should do a secret santa,

There is about 16 of us doing this, and i chose the envelope with an old-ish lady in it,

Im stuck to what to buy her as im not really used to what old people like, i think she will be in her late-ish 60s!(maybe early)! but as i am only 18 i havent the foggyist what she will like....

...we have £10 to spend on them....

...any ideas.....?

smellies, talc, gift sets etc are always good to buy someone that age especially if you don't know them very well

Either a bottle of something... find out her fave tipple... or look at her dress sense... could you buy her maybe a scarf or something... a new Diary or pen... or both?

Noone know it was you who bought it, so don't lose too much sleep over it. But you can't go far wrong with a gift pack of bathroom smellies/lotions etc.

Our secret Santa is totally secret, so you don't even know who you are buying for - only if its a man or a woman. Probably going to make for buying a pretty boring present I guess because you can't buy for the person, its just going to be something really obvious and dull.

I she a young 60's or an old 60's (in outlook I mean)?

I bought a lovely gift set for a friend from my chemists - a pair of lovely fluffy white mule slippers & some special foot lotions, in a nice presenation box. I think it was about a tenner. I think smellies or a scarf or gloves is maybe the way to go!

Good luck.

Yes it depends on how "young" the old lady is.

My Mums 65 on Friday, my daughter has bought her Robbie Williams new CD & we've bought her a mobile phone!

I have a couple of aunties in that age group and they seem to favour Oil of Olay products, for face and body.

Woods of Windsor Lavender range is gorgeous though, and popular with mature ladies and also one of my favourites.

If you do get smellies or the like make sure it's from Body Shop or some other outlet that doesn't test on animals. If she is concerned about animal welfare issues it may be a wasted present.

How about some bath bombs from Lush?

Originally posted by max

If you do get smellies or the like make sure it's from Body Shop or some other outlet that doesn't test on animals. If she is concerned about animal welfare issues it may be a wasted present.

Thats why I hate buying presents for anyone. Are there actually any products that could be 100% guarunteed not to offend anyone?

Just about everything seems to come back to animal processing, dodgy governments, arms manufacturers or something along those lines.....!

I'd go for the novelty option - It's Secret Santa no one will know. How about a calendar of Fire fighters or some raunchy knickers. The poor old dear probably could do with a laugh rather than some smellies and talc. Make her smile she'll love it!!

How about doing the totally unexpected and getting her a good book? You could get something new enough that she's unlikely to have it but quite mainstream, like a biography or similar. I know it's quite an unusual suggestion, but that's the sort of thing that most of my family would like.