Meadowhall previous shops

Same I haven't been in 5 years either has much changed in 5 years

Two shops I remember in that location were Numbers 1 & 2 Machine shops, which were gone long before Meadowhall was even built :hihi:

I recall all the food shops that were in Market Place as you walked up to Sainsburys Savacentre. The entrance to Savacentre is approx where Starbucks is now outside BHS.

There was a shop just selling eggs, one selling cheese and the butchers and coffee shop stayed longer than the rest. The nut hut was also along there before relocating to the corner.

Savacentre was brilliant and massive and had a Post Office for years. Being less than 1 mile from home it was my regular shop.

Yes I remember those good little shops, especially the cheese shop. Do you also remember The Bakewell Pudding Shop? ☺

Used to like Free Spirit when it was on the corner near Debenhams, before it then moved to somewhere near where the Disney store now is.

Was there a jungle themed cafe, play area near entrance to savacentre, I vaguely remember it but no one else can

I used to like the Warner Bros. store not far from the entrance to Debenhams.

---------- Post added 07-04-2018 at 13:11 ----------

don't forget Meadowhall Radio that used to broadcast on 106.6 FM around Christmas time.

Not been in for years. I used to go to the Levi shop once a year to re-stock on 501's but they're now cheaper online. I bought an old phone from the antique phone shop in the lanes about 1992 before they went bust and went to the nut shop regularly for a while. Is the 50's car still upstairs in the Oasis?

and there was beaties model shop and tandy radio / electrical

There was a burger place which I think was called 'Burger Prince' I also think it started upstairs where Hollister is now and then moved downstairs into Market Street.

On 06/04/2018 at 19:47, native son said:

Was there a jungle themed cafe, play area near entrance to savacentre, I vaguely remember it but no one else can

I know it's been a while but I found this thread searching for information on this! I'm certain it was called Coco's. I was about 8 so all I remember was they did chilli burgers and there was a big jungle themed play area in it.

Edited by Umberto Bongo