Meadowhall previous shops

Can anyone remember what shop was in the place that Boots now occupies?

I think when meadowhall first opened the shop was c&a, but after that it was some sort of home furnishing shop that I can't remember the name of. Can anyone else help? Thanks

it was a shop called allders.:)

Wasn't it a furniture shop of some type. Boot was where Poundland is, IIRC

Is it just me being a little bit sad or would it be nice to see pictures/map of what meadowhall used to be like?

Is it just me being a little bit sad or would it be nice to see pictures/map of what meadowhall used to be like?

Its you being a little sad im afraid:hihi::hihi:

thanks for that info! i find it hard to believe that c&a were ever there, its such a long time ago. i remember boots being upstairs and downstairs and i miss pollards the cafe...

anyway, thanks again, im no longer puzzling over it - alders was the name i was looking for!

C&A lower floor was where Argos is now. Boots had 2 floors the downstairs was where Poundland is now and a bit more. Upstairs was Boots, WHSmith and C&A. C & A shut down and became Allders, then Allders closed. WHSmith went into there Boots went just upstairs and bigger. Where the now closed JJB was Woolworths. There was an Iceland down there and a Cantors which is the furniturure shop jumping cow is thinking of.

Edited by calypso

I used to work in a shop called Ingredients in Meadowhall, downstairs on right as you walk up the little extension to M&S. Only lasted a couple of years at most I think - 1999-2001/2 I would guess. Great place to work though, just a bit expensive for customers.

Did Meadowhall open all at once, or did it open bit by bit?

Ther was also a video shop on left hand side going towards oasis

and on the other side was a large bookshop (bargain type)

Anybody remember where Free-spirit were when they sold bikes, I have a picture of downstairs on a corner, but can't work out where!