Dog attack on bracken moor lane playing fields

The Mastiff is one of the oldest breeds inherantly gentle by nature and the Staff is not exactly a newcomer. As for other breeds you hardly see anymore, they go out of fashion. A lot of farms do however own dogs that would happily bite chunks out of you should you trespass to close.

Bullmastiffs were originally bred for gamekeepers to go after poachers on large estates. Hence they have the attack mentality bred into them. Of course this will be decreased or increased according to how the dog is brought up, but a lot of owners of such dogs nowadays have them as a weapon and are mean to them in order to make them more vicious.

This incident happened a couple of months ago and the bloke who got em off him was Kev, the landlord of the Miners across the road, went steaming across the road armed with a fire extinguisher and gave em what for. Top bloke!

The O.P. is apparantly refering to a similar incident that may or may not have happened yesterday. Think they may be getting a bit mixed up

This incident happened yesterday afternoon, the lad is home today covered from head to toe in bandages

The owner must have done something to p**s the dog off.

Nope, walking with his earphones in listening to music

Bullmastiffs were originally bred for gamekeepers to go after poachers on large estates. Hence they have the attack mentality bred into them. Of course this will be decreased or increased according to how the dog is brought up, but a lot of owners of such dogs nowadays have them as a weapon and are mean to them in order to make them more vicious.

Yay Wikipedia, what they fail to mention is that they never attacked they pinned the poor buggers down until they were aprehended. The breed is gentle by nature.

one was a labrador then other was jack russell cross

the incident you are on about did happen and kev did save the kid it was the same dog yesterday

So the dogs that ripped lumps out of that young kid weren't put down? And went on to do it again? If thats true then let's hope the dogs and the owner are shot asap

As already stated, the other incident was a labrador and a jack russell, yesterday was a bull mastiff and a staffy, so obviously not the same dogs. The dogs yesterday were put to sleep

The Lad in question was my friend, the dogs in question are stillvery much alive and theres going to be a court battle.

He is recovering but the scars are really bad the worst ive ever seen.

You are obviously on about the first attack, we are on about the attack yesterday, since the lad only came out of hospital today and is in extreme pain and bandaged up his scars are not even beginning to heal yet.

Sorry for your friend though, must be a very frightening experience

if any of my dogs bit someone (unless in exceptional circumstances) i would take them to the vets myself never mind the police having to take them

I've never had a bad experience with one and thats after owning one for 10 years, currently owning another 2 for the past 6 years (and hopefully alot more years to come), attending staffie fund raising walks, charity days etc, and fostering another staffs. Yes there might be a higher number of incidents, but this isn't suprising seen as they are now a very popular breed (albeit for the wrong reasons with some people) so the ratio of attacks to number of dogs is actually very small.

In the interests of balance, I've had both good and bad experiences with staffies. Good (lots of occasions when Ive met well behaved, loving, gentle staffies) and bad (one that tried to snap at my face for no reason and several instances over the last ten years where offleash staffies attacked my onlead dobermann, two occasions ending in her needing surgery)

Ha ha! Dont believe you. I bet a Staffy was involved. Labradors dont attack humans and my gran could fight off a jack russell!

pmsl oh my god that diddent half make me laugh pmsl

Ha ha! Dont believe you. I bet a Staffy was involved. Labradors dont attack humans and my gran could fight off a jack russell!

Think you'll find that the french woman who undrwent the world's first full face tranplant had hers ripped off by a Labrador...

What kind of logic is that? He is an innocent member of the public.

There his dogs so he's not is he, He had dangerous dogs so although sad but as i said at least it wasnt me or you(innocent bystanders).

Looks like they werent his dogs so wrong there but still he was in control of them at the time.

Dogs are wild animals at the end of the day so a danger by nature.