Dog attack on bracken moor lane playing fields

Why do people want these kinds of dogs apart from as a weapon?

What's wrong with the old fashioned breeds that you hardly see any more unless you go to the countryside, where no one seems to feel the need to own these weapon-dogs?

The Mastiff is one of the oldest breeds inherantly gentle by nature and the Staff is not exactly a newcomer. As for other breeds you hardly see anymore, they go out of fashion. A lot of farms do however own dogs that would happily bite chunks out of you should you trespass to close.

What does 'these dogs' mean? Do you know something the rest of us don't or are you just winding up to go into the usual uneducated Staffie bashing rant?

Have you noticed how the "usual uneducated Staffie bashing rants" usually occur after there's been an incident with a Staffie? You can't blame people really, there do seem to be a higher than average number of incidents with them. I've never had a good experience with one.

Have you noticed how the "usual uneducated Staffie bashing rants" usually occur after there's been an incident with a Staffie? You can't blame people really, there do seem to be a higher than average number of incidents with them. I've never had a good experience with one.

I've only had good experiences with them totalling 18 years, in fact the only bad experience with one that I had was having one put down due to pressure build up on his lungs/heart thus having to cope with an absolutely distraught son (15) and daughter (9) for days and days after :(

Why do people want these kinds of dogs apart from as a weapon?

What's wrong with the old fashioned breeds that you hardly see any more unless you go to the countryside, where no one seems to feel the need to own these weapon-dogs?

all breads are possible of attack, its only staff, pit etc that are so publicised by the media that they are classed as 'high risk' and are named when an attack happens.

people get attacked by other dogs but never make it into papers etc, :rant:

Edited by helhol

I have, literally hundreds :)

oh and as i said in a similar thread months ago i had one with my 4 kids when they were toddlers and if i had another dog now i would have a staffie again !!!!!!!!!!! RIP Megan x miss you x

The Mastiff is one of the oldest breeds inherantly gentle by nature and the Staff is not exactly a newcomer. As for other breeds you hardly see anymore, they go out of fashion. A lot of farms do however own dogs that would happily bite chunks out of you should you trespass to close.

the romans had mastiffs? please correct me if i am wrong though, and i would be more worried about guard geese than a guard dog on a farm !!!!!!!!!! :hihi:

The dog got taken away by the police?

Was it arrested and was it wearing handcuffs when it was being led away?

the last 4 dog attacks i have heard of apart from this 1 have been alsations or rottis dont see any 1 saying owt about these breeds.

the last 4 dog attacks i have heard of apart from this 1 have been alsations or rottis dont see any 1 saying owt about these breeds.

There's been a few but there's no chav association so they lack the audience :rolleyes:

Oh dear . I've just read this thread , it's upsetting but so predictable . I took my dog ( border collie cross ) to an agility training class . The Instructor checked my dog out and said that she would be able to do it . Then He told me that He was not training the dog , he was training me . He qualified this by saying " 99% of the the time the dog is clever (gentle , pliable etc) enough but .. "stupidity runs down the lead" . He was telling that how I treat my dog will reflect how my dog behaves