Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

Theres little doubt the Scots see a brighter future away from us,and why shouldnt they,

theyve always looked to europe historically in uk disputes.

Just a shame yorkshire doesnt come under scottish duresdiction,were all fed up of everything bieng controled by London.

IMO theyd be better off breaking out on their own.

I think the speach by Galloway was one of the best I'd heard on the devolution issue. It is worth listening again.

He knocked Gordon Brown into a Scotch Bonnet.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/06/listen-george-galloway-makes-the-case-against-scottish-independence/

Galloway :hihi::hihi:

The man's a joke

Galloway :hihi::hihi:

The man's a joke

I think not!

The most stirring and witty speech in the whole campaign.

What will independence mean for the BBC in Scotland?

The SNP are saying they would set up a Scottish Broadcasting Service which would be funded by the license fee. This SBS would apparently share programmes with the BBC. Salmond has recently promised someone on Twitter that they would still be able to watch Match of the Day. I am surprised what with everything else going on that he's had time to negotiate non-domestic rights with the English Premier League.

In reality, I think BBC assets in Scotland will become SBS assets, and the SBS will have to negotiate with the BBC for rights to any programmes. This will involve them paying in the same way other overseas broadcasters do. Equally the BBC may choose to buy some SBS programmes if they wish to show them in the UK.

The only way to get rid of politics is to take the blinkers off and stop following a dying establishment

People should research Resource Based Economy, The Zeitgeist Movement and watch videos like The Keiser Report, Breaking The Set and subscribe to channels on YouTube like London Real, Press TV, Democracy Now and recent Russel Brand videos over the years!

Edited by BEDROCK

The only way to get rid of politics is to take the blinkers off and stop following a dying establishment

People should research Resource Based Economy, The Zeitgeist Movement and watch videos like The Keiser Report, Breaking The Set and subscribe to channels on YouTube like London Reel, Press TV, Democracy Now and recent Russel Brand videos over the years!

Russell Brand videos!:loopy::huh: A can't stop laughing.:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

People should research Resource Based Economy, The Zeitgeist Movement and watch videos like The Keiser Report, Breaking The Set and subscribe to channels on YouTube like London Real, Press TV, Democracy Now and recent Russel Brand videos over the years!

I agree, but don't forget a dying beast can be a particularly dangerous and powerful.

It's going to be a bumpy ride...

The SNP are saying they would set up a Scottish Broadcasting Service which would be funded by the license fee. This SBS would apparently share programmes with the BBC. Salmond has recently promised someone on Twitter that they would still be able to watch Match of the Day. I am surprised what with everything else going on that he's had time to negotiate non-domestic rights with the English Premier League.

In reality, I think BBC assets in Scotland will become SBS assets, and the SBS will have to negotiate with the BBC for rights to any programmes. This will involve them paying in the same way other overseas broadcasters do. Equally the BBC may choose to buy some SBS programmes if they wish to show them in the UK.

I don't suppose they would be that lucky that they could get shut of the BBC altogether.

Many of the Scot's would still be able to watch the bbc with conventional TV ariels, should they feel the need. I know people in holland that do so.

Besides if they subscribe to one of the satellite or cable services they would be able to watchanything that they can now.

Alex Salmond has divided both the UK and Scotland like religion has divided the Middle East. Whether Scotland votes yes or no, whether it succeeds or fails, Salmond's legacy will be one of hatred and division that will last longer than our 307 year Union! The damage is done.

Alex Salmond has divided both the UK and Scotland like religion has divided the Middle East. Whether Scotland votes yes or no, whether it succeeds or fails, Salmond's legacy will be one of hatred and division that will last longer than our 307 year Union! The damage is done.

I doubt it but you may have a point.. there are ex-miners that still will not speak to the scabs that broke the miners strike, and some of those are related...even brothers.

Can't see people hating thatcher or scargill in 50 years time never mind 307 but the scottish land owners that sold out to england in 1707 are in the eyes of many beneath contempt and there are today people that hate what they did..

Guess we'll never know.

Good riddance to the Jocks, I hope its a Yes vote. All they've ever brought us are Deep Fried Mars Bars and Wetherspoons Tramps.