JUMBLE SALE!! 28 Jan, Clifford Sch, S11

The Jumble Sale at Clifford Infant School IS BACK!!!! 108 Psalter Lane, Saturday, 28 January between 2 and 4pm

Come on over for some proper old fashioned jumbling - there's even a lovely homey Cafe to rest your weary elbows!

50p entry, kids in free....:lol:

South West's Sheffield Finest Jumble Sale!! This one is worth a visit! Kitted out the kids toy cupboard and my wardrobe last year!!

Absolute must attend for the BARGAINS. Unbelievable deals last year,

Well then - where do I start!!!!

This jumble sale was great...........for the helpers who were 'helpering' themselves for an hour before this sale started

I was in the queue being pushed to one side every time a 'helper' came out with yet another box or bag full of cherry pickings

What we were left with was a hall full of tat, the residue of a totally picked over jumble sale

This is an affluent area; why was the need there and why was there total disregard for the queue during the transfer process of booty to car?

Needless to say I will not be attending another one of these debacles and urge other like minded people not to do so

Many thanks for nothing

richard, clifford is a very small school with a very small pool of parents available to help with fundraising activity which, thanks to the cuts, is now increasingly important on a daily basis. the amount of work the small number of members of the parents association need to get through for every event is substantial and demanding on precious time, and, depending on the individual, it is done either as a labour of love or out of a sense of duty - whichever, the main thing is to raise money for our children's school – otherwise why would we do it? i'm sorry you were disappointed with the event but it's inaccurate to accuse people of divvying up the best of the spoils to the detriment of the punters. The truth is we all donate as much as we can to the sale and as a tight knit community we swap and exchange between us according to need anyway without the need to cherry pick the best of each others donations at a jumble sale. this year has been especially difficult following people driving a white van round the area taking the jumble left out in our bags before we had a chance to collect it. this year's event was, like previous years, considered to be a great success by the vast majority of visitors whose purchases meant we raised a record amount of money for the benefit of our children. you should also consider that, as a church school, not all the parents of the pupils are from this, or any other, affluent area, nor should you be so self righteous to presuppose they, or the school, are affluent. clearly you're disappointed you didn't get the bargains you were after, that's no reason to insult the hard work or integrity of the volunteers, nor prejudice people against their genuine efforts in the future.

.....without the need to cherry pick the best of each others donations at a jumble sale....

I expected justification and a lot of defending and bluster to raise the sympathy level, but the statement made above is so incorrect

You may feel you have to reply but I have had my final input

This jumble sale is not for public consumption