Is 0.8mb internet good??

im on virgin 100mb broadband i get 9mb down and 8mb up

im on virgin 100mb broadband i get 9mb down and 8mb up

do you mean mbps? or speed test 9mb?

On 50 i get 50mb on speed test but my DOWNLOAD SPEED is 6mbps.

do you mean mbps? or speed test 9mb?

On 50 i get 50mb on speed test but my DOWNLOAD SPEED is 6mbps.

yes that is correct, im on 120mb now, yes u will do on speed test but that isnt exactly what you get thats roughly tellin you how good speed of ya line is and how much ya gettin, on 120 i get 12-13mbps down

I'm still getting 0.5mb with Sky (if I'm lucky) and thats after them sending a new router, filters and doing a repair and numerous optimizations on the line! Sigh.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm still getting 0.5mb with Sky (if I'm lucky) and thats after them sending a new router, filters and doing a repair and numerous optimizations on the line! Sigh.

Your speed is mostly determined by the line length to be honest, have you checked if you can get our service? Pop your postcode in here: http://origin-broadband.co.uk/availability/

Neil

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Your speed is mostly determined by the line length to be honest, have you checked if you can get our service? Pop your postcode in here: http://origin-broadband.co.uk/availability/

Neil

I can't! I'm stuck with these buggers I'm afraid. I'm definitely downgrading from their unlimited package though, then at least I cant moan, cos it will be free!

Neil

Just don't try and check the availability postcode on an iPad crashes it every time :|

Nearly one year on this ^^^^^ is still happening :roll: