Xenophobia/racism alive and well in Sheffield.

xen·o·phobe (zn-fb, zn-)

n.

A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

Quotes from Foster on this mornings programme.

1. "What New Zealand has got is sod all".

2. "It's got Christchurch and even that had an earthquake".

3. "There is nothing there".

4. "They do extreme sports because there is nothing else to do".

5. "She went to Africa in the hope that she'll be eaten by a hippo or something 'cause at least that'll be something happening in her boring New Zealander life".

6. "well, she deserves everything that's coming to her quite frankly".

7. " I am full of New Zealanders, will somebody please, I don't know, send me someone Asian, something spicy".

Not defamatory just fact.:rolleyes:

The mods might like to lock the thread pending police action though.

oh dear have just seen this:loopy::loopy:....what a fool:roll: get a life love:o

I'm not allowed, the wife says.

Aww, shame. Never mind, just don't tell my husband I asked.

My goodness, Miss Creant why the reaction?

Over here in New Zealand, especially in Christchurch where I live, we've found Tobys opinion hilarious. Bar some media who are encouraging negative comments, the majority of Kiwis in Christchurch find it funny. As someone who's lived in Sheffield and now residing in New Zealand, I too think it's quite funny what he's had to say about New Zealand but he's made a fool of himself calling an Australian a Kiwi. That's like calling a Wednesday fan a United fan - bad form!!!

So what if he's mentioned the earthquake, would you get offended if I mentioned how amazing Margaret Thatcher was? Unlike certain sections of UK society (mainly the PC brigade), some know when one is having a laugh Jeremy Clarkson style. You will not find any New Zealander running to The Guardian or the BBC complaining or considering legal action! If we're not angry over Tobys banter, why are you? I certainly hope you haven't contacted the police, that's just very very sad!

Toby, can you produce a rant on Australia especially the cricket team please. Give us more to laugh at. You know you are more than welcome to come over to NZ and Christchurch in particular. Sheffield is only 34 km away (yes we have a Sheffield) and you can even visit Hillsborough as well.

The next time you rant about New Zealand, please mention about their football team and their star player being a Sheffield United reject in Paul Ifill

My goodness, Miss Creant why the reaction?

Over here in New Zealand, especially in Christchurch where I live, we've found Tobys opinion hilarious. Bar some media who are encouraging negative comments, the majority of Kiwis in Christchurch find it funny. As someone who's lived in Sheffield and now residing in New Zealand, I too think it's quite funny what he's had to say about New Zealand but he's made a fool of himself calling an Australian a Kiwi. That's like calling a Wednesday fan a United fan - bad form!!!

So what if he's mentioned the earthquake, would you get offended if I mentioned how amazing Margaret Thatcher was? Unlike certain sections of UK society (mainly the PC brigade), some know when one is having a laugh Jeremy Clarkson style. You will not find any New Zealander running to The Guardian or the BBC complaining or considering legal action! If we're not angry over Tobys banter, why are you? I certainly hope you haven't contacted the police, that's just very very sad!

Toby, can you produce a rant on Australia especially the cricket team please. Give us more to laugh at. You know you are more than welcome to come over to NZ and Christchurch in particular. Sheffield is only 34 km away (yes we have a Sheffield) and you can even visit Hillsborough as well.

The next time you rant about New Zealand, please mention about their football team and their star player being a Sheffield United reject in Paul Ifill

PLEASE PLEASE reply miss creant

This has got to be trolling. No one on earth would complain at such a thing. Even Mary Whitehouse wouldn't have touched this with a barge-pole

I've just caught the offending programme on the BBC IPlayer and i really can't see what all the fuss is about.

Though some might question why i've got so much time on my hands as i had to listen for 2hrs to hear the offending remark. Still its nice to be a Lady of leisure.

As to the reference to Mary Whitehouse we could do with a few more like her these days,(relating to TV not Radio) but thats a subject for another thread.

The complainant under her Twitter ID has the comment

"completely barking mad".

Well I'm not gonna argue with that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand

BBC presenter Toby Foster offends New Zealanders with radio rant

Toby Foster, a regional BBC radio presenter has offended New Zealanders by saying the country has “sod all there”.

BBC Radio Sheffield presenter Toby Foster

By Andy Bloxham9:53AM GMT 12 Jan 2012

Toby Foster, 42, who is billed as “Radio Sheffield’s resident comedian”, claimed the reason extreme sports such as bungee jumping were popular in New Zealand was that life was “boring”.

The presenter was moved to share his thoughts over the story of Australian tourist Erin Langworthy, who Mr Foster thought was a New Zealander, whose bungee cord snapped during a jump in Zambia.

He said “Of course New Zealand people do a lot of bungee jumping and we're told it's because they've got such wonderful scenery and such great bungee.

“But it's not, what New Zealand has got is sod all. Nothing there, there's nothing there........

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10778170

New Zealand has "sod all", except for earthquakes, says a Sheffield radio host who slagged off the Land of the Long White Cloud after mistaking an Australian for a Kiwi.

On Monday, Toby Foster had a rant on his breakfast radio show on BBC Radio Sheffield about "that New Zealand girl" - Australian woman Erin Langworthy - who plunged into a crocodile-invested river in Africa when her bungy cord snapped.

While Miss Langworthy escaped almost unscathed, New Zealand did not as Foster used the viral video to speak his mind about New Zealand and its natives' penchant for extreme sports.

Foster said that if you chose to bungy jump, "you are insane in the membrane" because it is the "daftest thing ever".

Foster's view greatly differs from that of his fellow countrymen, who have said New Zealand has long been one of their favourite holiday destinations, according to Tourism New Zealand.

Foster's view greatly differs from that of his fellow countrymen, who have said New Zealand has long been one of their favourite holiday destinations, according to Tourism New Zealand.

Its research showed that 231,764 British travellers made it to New Zealand in the year to November.

Overall, visitors from the UK rated their holiday in New Zealand at 9.3 out of 10.

Toby Foster did not reply to the Herald's queries about his rant.

SHEFFIELD

* It's best known for its ailing steel industry.

* The Lonely Planet Guide lists only 12 things to do in the city - the top being an Italian restaurant.

* For a few weeks of the year it hosts the world championships for snooker - pool's doddery old relative.

* It's the bleak and depressing backdrop for The Full Monty film.

* Its residents use all five vowel sounds when only one is required.

So Foster won't reply to questions from New Zealand regarding his rant and the idiot, who is a coward to boot, has in three minutes of stupidity trashed Sheffield when it is trying to pick it's self up and find a place of standing in this country.

As for the quips about me listening again. No I won't be. I was on that station trying to get traffic news on a journey into the city.

The Indian and New Zealand embassies are now involved in this little contretemps and still you think he's a hero. I hope that he does get the sack. He is a little fish in a big pool trying to show off...we shall see.

the words "get out more" "turn your radio off" "get a life" spring to mind,you seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

If you think Toby Foster waffles on [and he does if you can understand a word he says when on full stand up comedian rant] then you should have been listening when the late great Tony Capstick was doing the programme .

One Sunday afternoon i phoned in and he asked me what record i would like playing I asked for Frank Sinatra's My Way his reply, I'm not playing that load of crap I'm sick of it! so tha can have Puff the magic Dragon and lump it!

1. "What New Zealand has got is sod all".

2. "It's got Christchurch and even that had an earthquake".

3. "There is nothing there".

4. "They do extreme sports because there is nothing else to do".

5. "She went to Africa in the hope that she'll be eaten by a hippo or something 'cause at least that'll be something happening in her boring New Zealander life".

6. "well, she deserves everything that's coming to her quite frankly".

7. " I am full of New Zealanders, will somebody please, I don't know, send me someone Asian, something spicy"...

...Not defamatory just fact.:rolleyes:

1. Not actually a fact, intended to offend New Zealanders.

2. A fact, mentioned with the intention of offending New Zealanders.

3. Not actually a fact, intended to offend New Zealanders.

4. Not actually a fact, intended to offend New Zealanders.

5. Not actually a fact, intended to offend New Zealanders.

6. Not actually a fact, opinion.

7. Moronic.