Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield sharks-cup winners

Well done to the Sheffield sharks:thumbsup:

They beat Scottish Rocks 70-83 at NIA Birmingham in the Haribo cup final. It's a first for rookie coach Peter 'scants' Scantlebury who has won almost every accolade as a player.

I hope this is the first of many for him in a long coaching career at the sharks.

:rolleyes: Any of the Sheffield sharks born in Sheffield or the UK ???

Yes,

captain Iain mckinney, loker okerie, richard windall and dave keely are from sheffield, there's a cap on how many foreign players you can have in the team i think it's 3or4. practically all the backroom staff are from sheffield and coach peter scantelbury is from london

bit of a late reply to this..seen as im new here!

I was at the final, great win by the guys! Well done to Scants aswell on getting a trophy in his rookie year as coach!!

Take it there arent many Sharks fans on here by the lack of replies!! ;) hehe

P.S Dave Keeley's actually from Rotherham, was at the same school as me!

Originally posted by karandak

P.S Dave Keeley's actually from Rotherham, was at the same school as me!

Thought he was! but I think the question of are there any sheffielders or englishmen in the team was just to clarify that it wasn't all americans playing for us, where we actually have had the finest english players in the team over the decade.

Anyway rotherhams close enough to sheffield:D

yeah i gathered what the other guys post was about!!! Just correcting ya ;)

Yeah Sharks are def one of the better teams in the bbl in relation to english players!!

Do you go to the games a lot then? Ive got a season ticket!

I have been a season ticket holder from the start, except for the last two seasons where I just get to what I can due to work.

I have been to all but 1 cup final (the latest one), and also went to the last playoff at Wembley arena (damn Chester!), I go train with the fatlads when i get the chance, will be there on sunday aswell vs Tigers:thumbsup:

Beat me then! :) haha

Ive been going 4 years now, and have been to everything since i started, try to get to as many away games as possible aswell, although some a tad further away are a bit harder! :) great stuff!

Originally posted by karandak

try to get to as many away games as possible aswell, although some a tad further away are a bit harder! :) great stuff!

I try to get to as many away games, I have been to all the games against manchester giants (sad to lose them) and I have friends in Glasgow and Newcastle so I can spend the weekend in those places and see the game, I once won a comp' to go anywhere on the team coach, chose thames valley had a great time in the players bar after, that's where I met scants for the first time (what a guy!):thumbsup:

Ooh thats lucky for you then aint it! Makes some of the games bit easier to get too!!

I only saw Giants for a season i think it was, shame that them, Derby and now Leopards have gone!! :( Not good for BBL really eh?!

Tigers game should be ok tomorrow anyway!! :)