MOT only garage recommendations

The DVLA states that the MOT test fee for a car is £54.85.

If you are being offered less than that I'd be a bit wary that they might be looking to make up the difference in repairs.

I'd be especially wary of places like Kwik-Fit who offer it for £20 providing you spend at least £35 on a service whilst it's in there.

DOT MOT are the best in my view, they only do MOT's and no repair work so you are assured a fair test.

If you are being offered less than that I'd be a bit wary that they might be looking to make up the difference in repairs.

I'd be especially wary of places like Kwik-Fit who offer it for £20 providing you spend at least £35 on a service whilst it's in there.

No they don't!

The DVLA states that this is the MAXIMUM fee a garage is permitted to charge for an MOT.

We paid £30 to Hi Q on Leppings Lane for the last car we sent down there for MOT.

They pointed out a tyre with 3mm tread on it...

...with advice to keep an eye on it - not to buy a new one.

We paid £30 to Hi Q on Leppings Lane for the last car we sent down there for MOT.

They pointed out a tyre with 3mm tread on it...

...with advice to keep an eye on it - not to buy a new one.

You SEND cars to where you already work?

I went to Halfords Hillsboro

It was half price if booked on net and they didnt fail it!!!

Hi everyone, I've got to get my car in for an MOT at the end of this month, it's the first MOT I've done so I don't want to be ripped off, can anyone recommend a good MOT only garage near Hillsborough/that side of Sheffield?

Cheers

Rachael

:)

Foxhill garage, then bring it to me if it needs any repairs. Test is £40 and they do a free retest.

MOT centre Broadfield Road. Very fair Iv been using them for years. Highly recommended for cars and bikes.:)

0114 2500019 Rob

poppycock !!

Ive used DOTMOT at olive grove, THORPEs at thurgoland and Hemingways in whitley....all are MOT only as the OP asked for and all were good in my experience...

My advice stay away from national chains where staff are on sales comissions!#

Find a good local small garage that do mots and repairs! I am sure there are some in S6.

I only use lancaster and maw in s35......what they don't know about cars isn't worth knowing.....very fair guys

And yes £54.85 is teh maximum a garage can charge.....lots of independent garages do them for £35/£40 often with a free retest

I take mine to Hutchinsons at Malin Bridge.

Thanks! Do you know how much it costs for an MOT?

About £40. Give them a ring 2340195