Great Burger Challenge

Yankees and Uncle Sam's, both on Ecclesall Road, are definitely the best burger restaurants in Sheffield.

Yankees and Uncle Sam's, both on Ecclesall Road, are definitely the best burger restaurants in Sheffield.

Are these the sort of places you have to book to get a table or is it easy enough to walk in and get seated?

definately worth a try :D

I had one in Bungalows and Bears the other week, very nice

Bishops coffee house and bistro in Norton Lees S8 does the best burger I have ever had !!

Ridgeway arms have a burger challenge,two 24oz burgers,two chicken breasts,chilli,bacon ,cheese toasted bun, chips and onion rings.Ridgeway Arms, Quarry Hill, Sheffield. about a tenner,

For a nice takeaway burger woodseats kebab are very nice.

There is an Italian take away in Dinnington that does 'real' burgers. I don't like cheap burgers or compressed mush. I like to taste the meat and bite into something that has the texture of meat. This place is quality not quantity so not the size challenge you are after. They do 1/2 pounders if that's big enough. I will have to look for the menu as I can't remember the name.

I'd be interested to know what this is called, have you found out yet???

Hi guys and girls

Im looking for a hidden gem if anyone knows a place that does amazing burgers im looking to find new places to try.... ive done all the usual good places local to Rotherham/Sheffield

TGI's

Boardwalk (RIP) :(

Ribshack

Harvester

Beefeater

etc

But im looking for that extra special place where id struggle to eat the huge burger

Hi try capille's sandwich bar @ sheffield lane top near northen gen hospital barnsley road . bright orange outside you cant miss it they do a whooper of a burger 1lb 100% beef, bacon,eggs,sausage,cheese,onions,mayo,or there special garlic sauce £4.50 they call it cardiac burger !!! try em..and they do lots more big menu and mediteranean food .

:D

Hi try capille's sandwich bar @ sheffield lane top near northen gen hospital barnsley road sheffield . bright orange out side you cant miss it .They do a whooper of a burger 1lb 100% beef bacon,eggs,sausage,cheese,onions,mayo, or there special garlic sauce £4.50 they call it cardiac burger !!! try em ... and they do mediteranean food ..

Hi try capille's sandwich bar @ sheffield lane top near northen gen hospital barnsley road sheffield . bright orange out side you cant miss it .They do a whooper of a burger 1lb 100% beef bacon,eggs,sausage,cheese,onions,mayo, or there special garlic sauce £4.50 they call it cardiac burger !!! try em ... and they do mediteranean food ..

take it you capilles is your biz as all your 4 posts is about it

Ive tried this :D i bought some good quality beef, a nice jack daniels glaze and some monterey jack cheese...... not sure if it was my cooking or the ingredients but tasted average lol

Make sure you get to the butcher

Get 80% lean and the grain of the meat goes in one direction

Add little seasoning (salt and pepper, maybe a dash of garlic powder - at the most)

Mix the mince gently.

Form into 1 inch thick patties.

Either cook on the hob with a skillet/frying pan or if cooking on BBQ, make sure coal are HOT (not smoking or flames - when coals are just red hot, thats when best to cook)

2-3 mins on each side DO NOT PRESS DOWN ON THE MEAT!!!!! As the fat in the mince heats, it helps the meat cook. Forcing it out, dries out the burger and doesnt help speed up the process

Let it sit for a minute

Add to toasted bun with desired toppings.

The Old Monk near the Crucible do fantastic burgers!

My missus makes the best one I've come across. Burger from the local butcher (Bizarrely name H Potter), plastic cheese (you just have to have the plastic variety), and chopped onion on a breadcake that's toasted on the inside and flash grilled once the ingredients are cooked and placed on the breadcake.....I can only eat one!...But they're devine!!! (wipes dribble from mouth)