Great Burger Challenge

Theres the "handmade burger company" on centertainment and in meadowhall which is suppose to be nice, not tried it myself, they do loads of different variety toppings, they may do a big burger : )

Much recommended for a burger.

They are big burgers, but if you're wanting a truly large one, then it's not the place for you.

PS. The chips are sold separate, but definitely worth purchasing. Possibly the best chips I've ever had.

Theres the "handmade burger company" on centertainment and in meadowhall which is suppose to be nice, not tried it myself, they do loads of different variety toppings, they may do a big burger : )

I've been to the one at meadowhall and centertainment and the burgers are delicious. Not the sort of thing I would expect from a chain but they are very very nice... lovely chips too!

So avoid swanky franks??

Ill look up the other at millhouses and see if thats any good

You could try it to see what you think. Some people like the place but I'm used to the flavour of homemade ones.

I like the taste of the burgers I've had at the Lescar but they're the fashionably high-stacked ones where you have to disclocate your jaw like a snake in order to fit them in your mouth.

Ive yet to find an amazing burger place here in Sheffield. Too many places disguise their poor quality meat with breadcrumbs, random seasoning and onions in their mix to really tell if its a good burger or not. I bet there's a place out there, I'm yet to find somewhere to get excited about.

Fridays, is okay. Not great, but at least its an all beef patty. Champs on Eccy Rd is similar.

The Boardwalk probably made the most disgusting burger I've ever had outside the US.

In St Pancras station, there's the Fine Burger Co., which makes tasty sandwiches and always some place we grab a bite to eat at, if we're near by. Still not perfect, but tasty.

Apparently the Harley will make burgers to your liking, with no seasoning in the mix, etc (as long as you give notice the day before) I've yet to get there, but we're hardly that side of town to say if they meet my expectations.

I TRIED to contact SwankyFranks about the quality of the meat used, if its freshly minced, etc, in their burgers and requests went unanswered. Take that for what its worth..

I'm wary of places that serve their burgers only well done and use various mixes in their meat. If the beef or lamb (or even turkey!) being used is of high quality, there's no need to disguise the flavour of it. Let the quality of your food do the talking.

There is an Italian take away in Dinnington that does 'real' burgers. I don't like cheap burgers or compressed mush. I like to taste the meat and bite into something that has the texture of meat. This place is quality not quantity so not the size challenge you are after. They do 1/2 pounders if that's big enough. I will have to look for the menu as I can't remember the name.

No one has mentioned Uncle Sams, I went last summer they were nice, rather too large for me tho.

I've been to hand made burger co in meadowhall a lot of times really good and check the website for voucher offers such as 2 for 1 they also do a loyalty card

Edited by denomis

I know its not quite the same, but why don't you make your own, easy enough and you can make it as big and as tasty as you want, I make ours all the time :thumbsup:

I know its not quite the same, but why don't you make your own, easy enough and you can make it as big and as tasty as you want, I make ours all the time :thumbsup:

Ive tried this :D i bought some good quality beef, a nice jack daniels glaze and some monterey jack cheese...... not sure if it was my cooking or the ingredients but tasted average lol

Yankees on Ecclesall Road used to be lovely many years ago, dont know about now or if its even still there any more???

Looking for a Man V Food type challenge? lol...that show always makes me hungry.

Looking for a Man V Food type challenge? lol...that show always makes me hungry.

honestly mate i was watching that show earlier and the mouth was watering!!!