Car 'clicking' - annoyed !!

use the car every single day, to Mcr and back 2/3 times a week, gets in it this a.m turn the keys and all iget is click click click, the battery's fine as it illuminates like blackpool tower, AA say I haven't got homestart so an extra £111.14p ha ha typical :|

Sounds like starter motor.

yes, great news things just get better and better :(

Could still be the battery as the ignition lights take very little power. if not sounds like starter or bad connection possibly on the earth.

yes, great news things just get better and better :(

put it in reverse gear and then turn it over.maybe the starter motor thats jammed..should help

Same as barefoot check battery first thinks it shoulf be putting out at least 11v any less and it may have had it. If it starts after a jump it should be 15v at battery if its not could be alternator

If battery is good, and starter ok, then this time of year it is usually just a corroded connection. The wires to the starter motor are exposed to the elements.

My first guess though would be battery. Do the ignition light go out when you turn the key?

everything lights up on it lights/wipers work/stereo - it'll be starter, mobile mechanic on his way - will let you know how i get on

Sounds like starter motor.
Cars can be a ticking bomb.Its not a red Micra is it.

weird - it was the battery, alternator and starter are fine, jump leads on then it starts first time £45 lighter, now searching for a battery, thanks for all your advice everyone

Cars can be a ticking bomb.Its not a red Micra is it.

no its an old beamer it was my workhorse but had to promote it to being my no1 as times got tough so had to let go of my newer one :)