Traffic Light Timings

If it's only been like that today, it's clearly a fault. You can report traffic signal faults on 2736666 anytime. The maintenance contractors respond very quickly.

The maintenance contractors are probably stuck in the jam. :hihi:

Seriously though, that junction hasn't operated as efficiently ever since work started on the Retail Park. With it being one of the major arterial routes into the city, the council must be aware that queues are longer than they used to be.

Regards

Doom

If anybody from Sheffield City Council bothers reading this, could you please let us know which genius has come up with the traffic light timings at Wadsley Bridge Retail Park, because I'm sure a 5 year old could do better.

....... cut for brevity

If you have a genuine desire for information regarding the traffic lights would it not be more sensible to contact Sheffield City Council via their website? It's unlikely that anyone on Sheffield Forums has the information you require.

There is a possibility the recent weather affected the timing on the traffic lights but again I doubt that information is to be found on this forum.

HTH.

T With it being one of the major arterial routes into the city, the council must be aware that queues are longer than they used to be.

They haven't got any CCTV coverage in that area, so will not be aware.

There is a possibility the recent weather affected the timing on the traffic lights but again I doubt that information is to be found on this forum.

Weather does not affect the timings or sequence of traffic signals. If you want to report a fault the fastest way to get it fixed is by calling the SCC signal fault line on 2736666. Line is open 24/7

There's CCTV on Farm Bridge and Queens Road is jammed every morning. With CCTV, they should be aware.

If anybody from Sheffield City Council bothers reading this, could you please let us know which genius has come up with the traffic light timings at Wadsley Bridge Retail Park, because I'm sure a 5 year old could do better.

Tonight traffic was queing all the way back from Wadsley Bridge, onto the Leppings Land roundabout (causing obstructions on the roundabout for people heading from Leppings Lane towards Herries Road) and back past the Wednesday ground.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that if you only let 5 or 6 cars through at a time on Sheffields 2nd busiest road, then there will be problems.

This was a Friday night which is usually quieter than the rest of the week, so if they leave it like this in future there will be chaos and a lot of people using rat runs.

Before Caddick started work down there the traffic lights used to let the traffic flow perfectly well......Just set them back to how they used to be. :rolleyes:

Is there some Council masterplan against motorists that we don't know about?

Regards

Doom

Email the traffic department.I did when the traffic was backing up parkside road to penistone road all the time.I exchanged emails for a week when they eventually found a problem with the sequencing and fixed it.I was told that the longest time the lights should be on red is 25 seconds.Try timing them, if its longer get in touch with them. 25 seconds maximum is the policy of the department.

I got caught in that too, round about 6:15pm. Crazy Sheffield traffic planners at it again ??

The temporary setup worked fine when the cables were strewn across the junction. I just hope that now the work is complete, we won't be left with this timing mess for too long.

in answer to your question---get out of your car and use the bus.

Maybe if the bus fares weren't so highly priced then more would use them

There's CCTV on Farm Bridge and Queens Road is jammed every morning. With CCTV, they should be aware.

How would CCTV on Queens Road make them aware of a problem at Wadsley Bridge? :huh:

Are you seriously telling me that unless they have CCTV the Council won't be aware of how efficiently their traffic lights are working on the 2nd busiest route into Sheffield?

I'm sure Council employees will use this road.

I'm sure the emergency services will frequently use this road.....No doubt traffic jams will slow them down from reaching their destination.

Yesterday was particularly bad, but those lights haven't worked as efficiently ever since the works started on the retail park.....Surely once traffic lights are set up, the Council do studies afterwards to see how well the traffic flows?

Regards

Doom

The junction has changed a lot with the installation of a right turn lane and an additional sequence in the lights for this lane. this will obviously mean that there is going be a small amount of waiting added to peoples journey.

I contacted SCC about the timing of the lights at Mosborough and the resultant back-up of traffic up Mosborough Moor - it triggered an adjustment that seems to have solved the problem.