Balti King, Broomhill

Or you have no idea what decent food tastes like.

Erm yes I do, that is a bit insulting really.

Edited by Colin Foster

That is so sad.

Why, because I happen to enjoy a treat once a week?

Agree with the general opinion: rubbish food (all the dishes seemed the same: bland and with weird little scrag ends of chicken, like the type you find in cheap ready meals), nice staff, absolutely no idea how it stays open.

Would hazard a guess at inebriated students!

Erm yes I do, that is a bit insulting really.

Balti King are more insulting, pretending the crap they sell is curry!

And if I bought from there every week would I still be sad? :hihi:

Every week for 6 years would still be a little sad!

Every week for 6 years would still be a little sad!

Ok, well it's not quite been every week, but if I did, that is your opinion anyway.

Edited by Colin Foster

it is terrible, its for late night hungry drunkens thats all its good for.

I think balance is in order. Colin says he likes the food,he gets called sad, he is accused of not knowing what food tastes like..yes that is insulting.

I like the 'stories' about waiters rumaging in bins for stuff presumably to cook for us unsuspecting drunks with no tastebuds! why not go the whole way and tell us about cats and dogs going missing in the area, that's what they used to tell us about places in Rusholme(where I grew up) to put us off visiting.

Can someone explain to me why I often see asian people eating there,not related to the staff,and not drunken students, perhaps they don't understand asian food either?

I think balance is in order. Colin says he likes the food,he gets called sad, he is accused of not knowing what food tastes like..yes that is insulting.

I like the 'stories' about waiters rumaging in bins for stuff presumably to cook for us unsuspecting drunks with no tastebuds! why not go the whole way and tell us about cats and dogs going missing in the area, that's what they used to tell us about places in Rusholme(where I grew up) to put us off visiting.

Can someone explain to me why I often see asian people eating there,not related to the staff,and not drunken students, perhaps they don't understand asian food either?

Your very pro the Balti King and there is nothing wrong with that, as you seem to know the establishment better than many on here, can you explain the number of forced closures of the years ?

The health and safty issues involved and authoritys invloved in those closures.

I worked in the same vicintiy of shops in Broomhill as Balti King. All I can say is when I saw what went on at the back of the restaurant it was enough to put me off forever! Lots of Indian Ready Meal packaging in their bin (?) Food delivered, dropped on floor & put back on trays, rubbish taken out of other shops bins (And I mean staff literally dangling themselves into the bins to get at the stuff!) & taking it into their kitchen. Best one ever was when chef came out back to have a breather...blew nose straight into apron then went back into kitchen! Yuk.

tell you what mate,you must have had a great job if you had time to see all that. or perhaps you're a great storyteller:lol: