Balti King, Broomhill

I think the food it pretty good whenever I have got takeaway from there- the vegi peshwari balti tastes really nice!

I've always been advised against it, know a whole load of people who have had to take a day off work after eating there...

Only curry I've ever had where the food miaowed.

Part of the reason Balti King is still there is there is so little choice in terms of restaurants in Broomhill. I went for a xmas drink round there and decided to give BK a try (after a roughly 15 year gap since the last visit) because there was nowhere else open. Yes it's dire. In fact it's insulting that any restaurant owner thinks that is acceptable anywhere, never mind in a well-heeled suburb where people have money to spend.

Broomhill's lack of restaurants is the same reason the York's food side is so popular. The area should have several decent options but it doesn't. Crookes is better for restaurants.

The area should have several decent options but it doesn't. Crookes is better for restaurants.

Crookes is a little too good for restaurants, we have been told.

There are so many better places to go - the only reason for going there is surely if you find yourself stuck in Broomhill without transport, half-drunk and hungry. Or, if you are a student maybe? (or is that one and the same thing?)

I tried to order a delivery once from a mates house at Norton because they delivery drink, as I was out of the delivery area they tried to charge me £30 delivery charge, asked them what size car does the delivery driver have? Good businessman Tony, just needs to employ a chef

My partner and i have had a few home delivery from balti king, though not for a while.

The food was fine, infact loved the chicken tikka rogan josh, but what put me off was how quick they delivered!!!! , seems like as soon as you put the phone down, they were knocking on the door.From broomhill to sharrow, not far, but did make me wonder how on earth they could prep,cook and deliver so quickly.

I assume its microwaved , but i could be wrong.

Grim grim grim. I wouldnt eat there if you paid me after my one and only experience.

Edited by theripsaw
Remove reason for not wanting to eat there

Yeah I had a ridiculously quick delivery once when I lived at Ranmoor, was as if they were waiting outside

Thanks for all your feedback guys, I have decided that I'm going to give the voucher to a homeless person.

Cheers xxx

Thanks for all your feedback guys, I have decided that I'm going to give the voucher to a homeless person.

Cheers xxx

Be careful you might get sued by the unlucky homeless person.