Balti King, Broomhill

Has anyone been recently, the most recent threads about this place seem to be from 2009?

My Aunt bought me a Balti King Groupon for my xmas present (yes, she is a thoughtless aunt who buys crap gifts) and I don't want it to go to waste. At the same time, I don't want to get food poisoning, which is what previous threads seem to be telling me!!

Maybe they have cleaned up their act and are now hygenic and delicious? Feedback please!

xx

I haven't been in ages. Same owners and I wouldn't go back after the first time and not risking it again. I wasn't ill, but the food was terrible. Even if I was was a ****** student I couldn't eat it.

Oh dear.

Not exactly inspirational. How on earth can they still be trading after 10 years if they're as bad as everyone says they are?

Lucky I like really hot curry, the spices kill bacteria... right?

xx

Oh dear.

Not exactly inspirational. How on earth can they still be trading after 10 years if they're as bad as everyone says they are?

Lucky I like really hot curry, the spices kill bacteria... right?

xx

Balti King isn't one I've been to before, but with it being in the heard of a student area, it will always have a good clientèle.

The food is awful, just get really drunk before hand and if you are lucky you wont remember it.

My friend asked my opinion because he'd seen a groupon voucher and his girlfriend was keen. I advised against it, so did someone else who happened to overhear.

Fine after ten pints of lager...but not somewhere I'd venture into sober.

Whatever you order from the menu (even if it is a spinach dish) it will be bright red in colour. Not a problem if you're hammered and it's 2am.

Went over Christmas, basically Tony (the owner), his business strategy is he is open all the time. Best to go drunk, forget the food

Oh and forgot, once he was handing out fliers with pictures of Prince Naseem on them, making out he goes there as a celebrity, he was in jail at the time

Terrible food. It just survives because in in in an affluent middle class/student area. Students will eat anything when they're ****** (most people will for that matter) but it also rides on the back of a few 'stars' eating there; probably because they've told not to venture outside the 'safe' areas of sheffield to eat in a decent indian restaurant.

did nt think it was that bad. been a couple of times lately , with the vouchers , and it was ok. i a gree everthing is a bit similar but reasonably good.