Woman attacked in street s35

I meant it sincerely.

I hope that young woman wakes up to the situation she is in and gets out of it.

after all this picks the woman beater up and helps him walk away. I have no doubt to take further abuse. Sickening.

She probably did it to placate her partner/attacker and prevent him from kicking off at you again, rather than out of concern for him. I imagine she was also very embarrassed by being caught in that situation in public, most abuse goes on behind closed doors where it can be kept under wraps and ignored.

Hopefully she'll find the courage to get out before it's too late. And good for you for stepping in. :thumbsup:

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

Well done Teardrop. Wish you'd been around last Monday when I was phoning the police. For the 4th night of 6 kids had been throwing stones, kicking doors etc. I was outside both checking their descriptions and where they were. My hands were shaking so much I was struggling to use the phone. Two men came by on the opposite side of the street to our bungalows (for the elderly/disabled). One was large carrying a big stick with an Alsation on a lead. I only asked them to stay while I made the call, didn't expect them to wait or do anything. Their response? "We're going somewhere".

The woman you helped is very foolish but as you say you can live with yourself and your actions. But take care in future.:)

Well done Teardrop. Wish you'd been around last Monday when I was phoning the police. For the 4th night of 6 kids had been throwing stones, kicking doors etc. I was outside both checking their descriptions and where they were. My hands were shaking so much I was struggling to use the phone. Two men came by on the opposite side of the street to our bungalows (for the elderly/disabled). One was large carrying a big stick with an Alsation on a lead. I only asked them to stay while I made the call, didn't expect them to wait or do anything. Their response? "We're going somewhere".

The woman you helped is very foolish but as you say you can live with yourself and your actions. But take care in future.:)

You poor thing, have the police done anything? Do you have CCTV?

after all this picks the woman beater up and helps him walk away. I have no doubt to take further abuse. Sickening.

She probably did it to placate her partner/attacker and prevent him from kicking off at you again, rather than out of concern for him. I imagine she was also very embarrassed by being caught in that situation in public, most abuse goes on behind closed doors where it can be kept under wraps and ignored.

Hopefully she'll find the courage to get out before it's too late. And good for you for stepping in. :thumbsup:

I think your right. Some women get trapped in this kind of relationship for so many reasons.

An argument is normal in a relationship but violence is not, some people do not realise that. I remember my ex screaming at me in tescos car park, full of shoppers. I could see people stopping to see if I'd get violent. I just sat on my hands on the bonnet of my car and took the abuse. Some men do not have the ability to not act violently. If a bloke hits you he will do it again, no matter how sorry he is afterwards.

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

High green, just come from circle chippy, by the entrance to the park, opposite Greengate lane school.

I would like to stress I've never seen anything like this on the streets of high green before.

Thanks Teartop, I live in High Green and sometimes walk past the circle chippy (although I've only ever used the Greengate Lane one).

I'll be on my guard for angry Male nutters the next time I go past there.

Regards

Doom

Yea well done for stepping in. You did the right thing. Whether or not it was the sensible thing I dunno. It's good you're ok though.

All to often you see the female in these altercations suddenly side with the bloke she's fighting with and turn on the good samaritan then its two against one. Dunno why they do it :confused:

It can be for a number of reasons - sometimes they know that if they side with the good samaritan then as soon as that person isn't there any more they will get a good kicking for showing him up in public, why dont you just go off with your new boyfriend etc. Or if they do decide to end it they may be subject to more harrassment and stalking.

Some may be worried that their partner will withold drugs or alcohol from them if they side with the other person, or that person may have financial control over them or the keys to their house etc. Ultimately they know you are not going to be there to protect them forever.

For my part no I wouldn't get involved for my own safety. I'd hang back and ring the police. I dont want to get stabbed thank you, and you can't automatically tell who is the aggresor it may be the male who is subject to the violence.

Thanks Teartop, I live in High Green and sometimes walk past the circle chippy (although I've only ever used the Greengate Lane one).

I'll be on my guard for angry Male nutters the next time I go past there.

Regards

Doom

Small world Doom. I was wondering if I'd bump into him again. I thought I new him, but when I got a closer look I did not. If he lives in high green he looks like a queens head customer. Having typed that I've not had a pint in that pub for over a decade. So could be an unfair comment.

Well done but the first rule has to be don't place yourself in danger. As soon as you felt threatened you should have got help.

congratulation mate! You did what all good citizen will /should do!!. You deserve a medal for bravery!!

Thanks on behalf of the lady!!

Well done but the first rule has to be don't place yourself in danger. As soon as you felt threatened you should have got help.

You are right and I would recommend the same. I did think I could handle the situation, if I'd had my phone I'd have called the police and waited for them to deal with it. By his actions I'm sure the police have delt with him before.

Teartop,You an absolute STAR ! I know you have to be careful in this situation,but adrenalin kicks in and you went for it ! HATS OFF TO YOU X