Woman attacked in street s35

About 9.30/9.45 last night 5th jan. I was Walking back from chippy, when I hear raised voices. Look to my left and see in the shadows two adults arguing and one hit the other. I stop but think it's two blokes, probably drunk and decide to keep walking. As I do, they emerge from the shadows and one is a woman.

The blokes about my size and build bit younger, the woman is really skinny. Now I know where this is going but I now cannot walk on. So I stop and ask if the woman is ok. She does not get chance to answer as the bloke opens up with loud and clear abuse at me and her.

She is clearly distressed so I go to her asking if I can help, ignoring the bloke. She is not and wants to wait for the bus. The bloke walks away with threats and comes back, he does this several times. I know he is building upto attacking me, but is unsure if he has a chance.

In the dark it's hard to see if she is hurt, but no blood or anything. I walk her to the bus stop. She keeps saying she is sorry for his actions. The bloke returns, this guy is a nutter with his blood up. However it's obvious he has decided to take on a guy on equal terms is not going to end well for him.

The bus comes as she gets on I leave, the bloke then gets on the bus when I've crossed the road. The bus driver kicks them off the bus. She comes across the road to me, he runs after her. I end up between the two and he takes a swing. I defend myself.

Now this girl took a good hit that I heard and saw, granted what I saw was in the shadows, but she then after all this picks the woman beater up and helps him walk away. I have no doubt to take further abuse. Sickening.

Should I have got involved? To my mind yes, how could I live with myself having ignored that? Women if your in this kinda situation leave and do it now.

Edited by Teartop

Course you should lad,well done.

Thanks, I just did what any decent person would have done.

Happens all too often,seen it myself and got a mouthful of abuse from both parties involved,

Best to watch and see if its a "domestic" first then decide on whether to intervene (and that's no easy decision to make is it ?),

But you did the right thing,however it could've been a lot worse if he'd had had a knife on him etc,

Awful situation to find your self in,

JJ..

Yea well done for stepping in. You did the right thing. Whether or not it was the sensible thing I dunno. It's good you're ok though.

All to often you see the female in these altercations suddenly side with the bloke she's fighting with and turn on the good samaritan then its two against one. Dunno why they do it :confused:

It's the first time I've seen this happen in the street. It is shocking. I'm comfortable with my actions and would feel disgusted at myself for walking on. However if your ever in this situation be careful, I'm no hardman and I'm pushing 50, but I am able to defend myself. I'd just popped out and had left my phone at home, so my options were limited. The knife thing crossed my mind, but that's what these cowards rely on. As in, that unsaid threat.

Well done Teartop.

Out of interest, where in S35 was this?......It's a large postcode area including the likes of High Green, Chapeltown and Grenoside.

Regards

Doom

Well done Teartop.

Out of interest, where in S35 was this?......It's a large postcode area including the likes of High Green, Chapeltown and Grenoside.

Regards

Doom

High green, just come from circle chippy, by the entrance to the park, opposite Greengate lane school.

I would like to stress I've never seen anything like this on the streets of high green before.

Congratulations for telling us all what a fantastic person you are.

No need for that mate.

Not sure what to make of that?:huh:

I think I did what any decent person would have done. So I guess I'm saying I'm decent.

Like many I've been divorced and have had to go through court to see my kids. The anger that creates at the ex is the most intense I've felt. Yet hitting her never crossed my mind. Maybe that's because I'm decent, fantastic? No. Or are you just being sarcastic? I guess thats fair enough.

Not sure what to make of that?:huh:

I think I did what any decent person would have done. So I guess I'm saying I'm decent.

Like many I've been divorced and have had to go through court to see my kids. The anger that creates at the ex is the most intense I've felt. Yet hitting her never crossed my mind. Maybe that's because I'm decent, fantastic? No. Or are you just being sarcastic? I guess thats fair enough.

I meant it sincerely.