How many times did you take your theory test?

For those of us who never had to take a theory test, try one here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017669

I got 49 out of 50, the only one I got wrong was the light sequence at a level crossing (so nothing dangerous!).

just got 46 out of 50 the level crossing got me to, not many of these at stocksbridge

You dont get banned,your licence is revoked by DVLA for 6 points or more.

sometimes, as part of their sentence, people don't get just a fine and points, and are required to take their driving test again before they can drive again legally. Almost always, if not every time I would have thought, they will also have been banned from driving as well, for at least a year.

sometimes, as part of their sentence, people don't get just a fine and points, and are required to take their driving test again before they can drive again legally. Almost always, if not every time I would have thought, they will also have been banned from driving as well, for at least a year.

What did you get banned for? Not speeding surely, where you on the Lambretta or in the Reliant?

dangerous driving. Obviously I was at the court as the defendant, but in 1996 it was a pretty new law. The judge just didn't know how to play it and almost apologised when he delivered the sentence. I was banned from driving for 12 months (compulsory) and under the terms of the new law I had to take a new driving test, but I subsequently discovered that I wasn't actually banned from driving at all, when I re-applied for my licence. The court had not informed the police, that I was banned from driving like the judge said I was.

Passed the theory on the second try.

passed 1st time

my source preparation - DSA Driving Theory Test + Highway Code + Practical Test Book+Free theory test Exams

passed first time, it all comes down to going over it again and again, the book really helps a lot as you can take it with you everywhere.

First time pass a long time ago. Fed up with driving now though :hihi:

It's much easier to learn the theory for this test from the computer CD than from the book. The computer CD is an interactive quiz and it makes it really easy to remember the answers and gives you lots of practice, it's quite fun!!!

The book is dry (and rather boring!!!). It's the same information. But lots lots easier to learn from the computer CD. Try it, you will be impressed! My top tip!