Child's scooter - Rundle Road Nether Edge

Absolute long shot I know, but does anyone know anything about a brand new child's razorsparks scooter which was removed from the pavement on Rundle Road, Nether Edge, last Thursday, sometime after 11:30am?

It's a long & odd story but my 6 yr old has been very upset about something over this last weekend and this morning we finally got to the bottom of it. She left the scooter leant up against the wall at the bottom of Rundle Road and totally forgot about getting it or to tell us it was there. The next morning when she remembered it had gone, and she's been too upset to admit it. It was a present from 'Santa' (Grandma) and she thinks she'll never get another one from him because she lost it.

I know it's unlikely but if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Might it be worth spending £40 and pretending you've found it?

Might it be worth spending £40 and pretending you've found it?

No, the child must learn its lesson. Being careless, forgetful, lying. All bad traits and punishable.

No, the child must learn its lesson. Being careless, forgetful, lying. All bad traits and punishable.

How rotten can you get your child has learnt her lesson already stop being horrible and replace it she won't do it again:mad::rant:

"the child", "its" lesson:o Beat "it" and lock the "child" in the cupboard under the stairs - not. Buy your daughter a new one if you don't get it back:)

I was sat staring at my post for a good 10 minutes thinking of what impolite responses it would provoke - I guessed at something so predictable but decided it was worth posting anyway.

Thanks for the genuine replies, as I said in the post, I knew it was an absolute longshot but sometimes you never know. New scooter ordered - 'the child' has offered to send the money to Santa.

Have you put notices on trees, Netheredge shops?

I was sat staring at my post for a good 10 minutes thinking of what impolite responses it would provoke - I guessed at something so predictable but decided it was worth posting anyway.

Thanks for the genuine replies, as I said in the post, I knew it was an absolute longshot but sometimes you never know. New scooter ordered - 'the child' has offered to send the money to Santa.

"the child" should keep the money ;)

There was a small silver scooter just inside the drive of a house on the right hand side near the bottom of Rundle Road today at about 16:00 when I was walking the dog.

Edited by joat36
Spelling

Joat36 - you are now my daughter's hero - it was her scooter! I walked down there this afternoon and found it, I recognised it because she'd fastened a pink pipe cleaner around the handlebars to differentiate between hers and her brother's.

Thank you so much for replying.

This forum really is amazing.

Score one for the good guys.

And your daughter learns a valuable lesson - especially about ripsaw.

Edited by Phanerothyme

Score one for the good guys.

And your daughter learns a valuable lesson - especially about ripsaw.

What's she learnt about me??!

She's HAS learnt that perseverance pays off! Many valuable lessons in this happy ending tale. But please make sure she is punished for not taking care of her posessions in the first place. Maybe a weeks ban on the scooter