Advice for driving test

I have got my driving test on the 5th January and I am really nervous.

Hmmm, perhaps you shouldnt take your test then if your really nervous

I'm doing it in an automatic cause I can't get my head around a manual and it's easier gives me more time to concentrate on the road than worrying about which gear to be in.

Oh dear.. You seem like your going to be a danger on the roads if you cant get the basics right.

Anyway just wondering if anyone had taken there test recently and what it was like and what's classed as a fail etc

Me, about a year ago.

And i was probably even more nervouse than you.

Threw up twice on the day, once on my shoes and thought id failed.

Infact i was certain id failed.

But i passed, nerves and all.

Youll be fine, really. Its not as bad as you think it will be. Infact io found the theory more of achallenge than the actual driving but i got full marks on the theory too.

Good luck:thumbsup:

I have got my driving test on the 5th January and I am really nervous. I'm doing it in an automatic cause I can't get my head around a manual and it's easier gives me more time to concentrate on the road than worrying about which gear to be in. Anyway just wondering if anyone had taken there test recently and what it was like and what's classed as a fail etc

If you don't have enough concentration for a manual box, you will struggle in general. Driving requires massive amount of concentration.

If you cant do a manual gearbox due to lack of concentration will you see that child about to cross the road??

The best advice I was given and it is factual is that you are being examined to see if YOU are SAFE to drive on the road. With this in mind you can afford to make the odd error as long as you demonstrate your ability to overcome and rectify the mistake.

Try not to SHOW your nerves and keep your chat down, relax,get comfy in the car, gather your thoughts and move off.

Be safe and do not panic,

I have got my driving test on the 5th January and I am really nervous. I'm doing it in an automatic cause I can't get my head around a manual and it's easier gives me more time to concentrate on the road than worrying about which gear to be in. Anyway just wondering if anyone had taken there test recently and what it was like and what's classed as a fail etc

an hour before your test, post on here let us all know, and we can avoid the area :)

Found this with a simple Google search and it really covers everything you need to know about faults:

Fault identified – not worthy (not worthy of recording).

• Any insignificant deviation from the defined outcome that does not compromise safety or can be a matter of finesse. For example – Dry steering, sequential gear changes, not pressing the button on top of the handbrake when applying it.

Fault identified – Driving Fault – (not an immediate fail).

• Low Risk - Any sufficient deviation from the defined outcome that does not compromise safety, or can be a matter of control - to justify a fault being recorded.

• For example – the candidate took observation before emerging at the junction. However, they misjudged the distance of an approaching vehicle, causing it to slow down, safety was not compromised.

(Sixteen or more of these faults would result in failure of the test.)

There can however be occasions when one specific driving fault could by constant repetition, be regarded as serious and therefore a significant risk; for example when a candidate habitually fails to take mirror observation when appropriate.

Fault identified – Serious fault - (entails immediate failure)

• High Risk - Significant deviation from the defined outcome with safety, control and/or legal requirement breached

• For example – the candidate did not take effective observation before emerging at the junction, unaware of any other road user who may have been expected to be there.

Fault identified – Dangerous fault – (entails immediate fail).

• Actual Danger - Safety, control and/or legal requirement breached that would have caused actual danger

• For example – the candidate did not take effective observation before emerging at the junction completely misjudged both speed and distance of an approaching vehicle. The examiner had to take appropriate action to avoid a collision.

Examiners may have to take ‘action’ when it becomes necessary to do so in the interest of public safety, including their own and that of the candidate. Such intervention may be either - VERBAL (ETA-V) or PHYSICAL (ETA-P).

Don't be a wa*ker about it :hihi:

i took my test 5 days ago,,,,

fair to say to a deep breath and take it like your on a lesson,

when i went for my test people kept telling me no matter what the results were no one would think any less of me... so that carmed my nerves,

dont try looking at what the examiner is writing orr doing because it makes you loose concentration ,,,

x

good luck

you must be practice bfore test, good luck

Make sure the examiner knows you are looking in your mirrors,by that i mean move your head slightly ,not just your eyes.

The advice I would always give is to treat all other road users as complete idiots and expect the unexpected. Anticipation is the key! And as another poster put, always move your head when checking mirrors, not just your eyes.

Good luck!!!!

Just to add on to the moving your head when checking mirrors tip.

You can also think out aloud. By that, I mean when you are about to check the mirror, simply say "checking mirror". Or "check blind spot" when you are checking your blind spot funnily enough. etc

You may feel like an idiot, but at least you know that the instructor definitely knows what you are doing, because it is impossible for them to have their eyes on you all of the time to see you doing these things, so just make it blatantly obvious that you are doing it so that there is no doubt.

Just stay calm & take a deep breath. I know you can make it. Stay focus;)