Awful neighbours

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

Good god do you live next door to my neighbours - this sounds exactly the same as mine!!!

:mad:

you have my full sympathy !! we too have the neighbours from hell. I have been keeping diary sheets for the past 2 years and are just waiting to attend mediation although I dont hold out much hope. I will not give in though and neither should you !! keep on at your local council and also enviromental health will also be of help where the noise from the animals is concerned. give them a call.

We had noisy neighbours years ago, they were up until early hours playing loud music, and general racket,or they would be out with friends till early hours during weekdays, leaving their dog to howling and barking constantly until they came home, and when you have to be up early , its no joke. So a spot of Led Zepplin on full belt, with speakers touching the dividing wall at 5-45 am,well lets say it wasn't appreciated, but made a point. Then they moved. !!

If the forum had a 'like' button for posts i'd be clicking it, glad you got rid of them :thumbsup:

Edited by rachel2024

This makes for interesting reading.

I'm torn between those who say steal their chickens and play Led Zepplin in the middle of the night, and those who stay talk to their neighbours/call the council.

Either way, it's not a nice situation, but it's clearly driving you up the wall, so the one sure thing is that you need to do something before you go crackers

... hopefully it's not too late for that already!

:-)

... can you keep cockerels on council property? There could well be a local by law. They are generally not that popular in built up areas for good reason.

This is the problem that would bother me the least - the rest of it would be my nightmare.

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, we have the same with ours (apart from the chickens part) have reported endless times and they don;t do anything apart from send a letter and then nothing else gets done about it, just do the exact same back and don;t care what they thing because they obviously don;t care

How is the estate agent to know about noisy neighbours if they werent informed by the seller??

As part of the conveyance the seller would normally complete a questionaire that touches on disputes with neighbours etc.

Where is Jeffrey Shaw?!

Here! Yes, the pre-contract enquiry forms ask V if there are or have been any disputes whether with neighbours or others. An inaccurate answer exposes V to potential liability for damages.

Question to the OP, do you both live in council property's or own/private rent?

Good point- esp. if both properties have the same landlord (whether under Housing Act 1985/1988 or under long leaseholds).

I experienced same thing. I heard domestic abuse & music 24/7 when i had a

Baby geting woke up& had to wake up early to go to collage. The council didnt help me one bit. They wouldnt let me exchange either cus i had put in asb compaints against the neighbours. I appealed this, which got refused. - the woman who got beat up from her partner is now dead, aged 27 bless her. Thankgod south yorkshire housing helped me out and rehoused me frm a council home. I got assaulted on christmas night by the man for asking him to turn his music down. I was 17 at the time .. After complainig to the council, my case being no1 helped me, which resulted in my been attacked, The council told me "i had provoked him" hahahaha., i had never been so angry in my life. The property i fled violence from had 8tenants in 7years. & the council still refused to help me. - so goodluck & i genuinly hope the council can help. Nothing worse then been in your home & not been able to sleep or relax due to no fault of your own.

Feel the same myself now. Only been in this house since Saturday and debating going already, because of the meathead on weed next door. In from work tonight absolutely knackered, and listening to his music on repeat, so loud its vibrating my floor.

Not used to this at all..

Quoting myself..but a couple of months later, and its the same.. the neighbours on the other side have reported him..

This area isnt like Aston where ive lived the last few years. This current streets a bit of an eye opener with the bizare neighbours..

Furious, leaving my kitchen bin out not back next to my back door..(to clean) to have someone come right over the 4 ft fence and take it.

Fence is now 2 ft higher..

Predictable dog that get put out at 10pm, that barks continually for at least an hour, every night.

If the forum had a 'like' button for posts i'd be clicking it, glad you got rid of them :thumbsup:

Yep dint like it up em when tables were turned.:hihi:

Got great neighbours now though, makes up for bad times,,,:thumbsup:

Quoting myself..but a couple of months later, and its the same..

So why bitch about it on here?

Let's be realistic!

If (some) or more) of my neighbours pi*ss me off (andthey really do pi88me off) I'll move.

They are entitled to enjoy their tenancy.

I am entitled to enjoy mine.

The law is there for both sides.

(You can either sort it out between yourselves, or pay others to sort it out for you ... at significant cost.)