Awful neighbours

yes you are right the estate agent should tell a new buyer any information about noisy neighbours and if the other people that has moved out of the house did not supply this information the are liable, you have got a good case, Wheres that Solicitor what come on S,F he may be able to offer advice but in any case you are allowed 30 minutes free with any solicitor i think you have a good case.

How is the estate agent to know about noisy neighbours if they werent informed by the seller??

As part of the conveyance the seller would normally complete a questionaire that touches on disputes with neighbours etc.

Where is Jeffrey Shaw?!

I used to have parties when i was like 18 every thursday for over a year and never had complaints off my neighbours even when the tunes where blasting till 4 and constant loud cars pulling up outside my house, i suppose it's because my neighbours ain't sad though

I imagine the neighbours who were unimpressed with your youthful idiocy were the reasonable and rational ones, rather than "sad".

I actually spent last half an hour in the bathroom, just to try and dull the sound. Its ridiculous. I know its not particulary late, it isnt the point. My floor is vibrating, cant even hear my tv properly.

And as he's a 6ft, dennis the menance on speed lookalike I dont fancy confronting him, being new to the area and on my own.

Feeling very misled by the estate agent to say the least.

Same as last night, woken several times by him hollering at his dog, every other word being F off..

And yet on the other side, theres a little 60 year old bloke.. so I would feel guilty to match my music to his.

my bathrooms the quietest too and have considered sleeping on the floor in there but its too small, what i have done thou is go share my daughters bed since its somewhat quieter in there

yeah i wouldnt suggest having a go back with your neighbour, if hes anything like mine they just dont take the hint, if they take as many drugs as my neighbours having your music on to disturb there sleep after thier party ends doesnt happen, they are so far gone it doesnt work

I am so sorry to hear , I can not imagine as mine are so good.

We had a young ex gang member, single mum move in to our quiet private estate, some do 2 out of 54 owners stupidly rent out to the the local homeless unit, anyway she'd ship her kid off to someone to look after and party with up to 20+ friends all day and night the council sent noise teams round, she'd tell them she wasn't the tenant and they could f@k off as as the tenant had gone on hoilday and she was just looking after her place.

I sat down chatted with this girls 2 social workers and they asked if the rest of the estate could just bare with it as she has a few issues as a member of a large gang that still needed to be worked on. I gave them a transcript and tapes of what had been going on.

I said I'd check the electrol role and turn up at their and thier own families houses and renact with friends and some of the other households that had been affected with our own rendition, to see how they and their families would like to be on the recieving end of it.

2 days later they rehomed the girl. I genuinely don't care who lives here but we do have a fair few older owners that have health problems, so I was really annoyed the whole saga lasted 2 and a half months.

My nextdoor niehbour gets up at 5:30 wakes us up every morning when he runs his shower as the extractor fan is really noisy and they have a saniflow loo, to me thats ok he can't avoid making the noise, so I'm happy to live with that.

expample of the parties was a vodka redbull theme for her 2yr old birthday party over 25 adults and just the kid with a ballon and an open rap mic night, brill oh to be 2 again.

Edited by steve68
spelling

Hi Cat86 I would report this scumbag anonymously to the RSPCA for abusing his dog, what an absolute d...khead.

We had noisy neighbours years ago, they were up until early hours playing loud music, and general racket,or they would be out with friends till early hours during weekdays, leaving their dog to howling and barking constantly until they came home, and when you have to be up early , its no joke. So a spot of Led Zepplin on full belt, with speakers touching the dividing wall at 5-45 am,well lets say it wasn't appreciated, but made a point. Then they moved. !!

Did you live at the other side of me with these neighbours in the middle, they drove me nuts, as I worked shifts at the time. The council were rubbish and didn't want to know neither did the police so I went round and had a polite word (not the first time but I had 8 years of them). Told him I was close to breaking point with him, had a fully diary over two years and suggested they moved house sooner rather than later... and they did! His missus was such a snob too well she thought she was.

There's only so much of the Stones Roses blasting out at 4am I can take bearing in mind its all terraced houses where we are. At the end of the day there are some inconsiderate people out there...

Hi Cat86 I would report this scumbag anonymously to the RSPCA for abusing his dog, what an absolute d...khead.

I couldnt comment. It looks healthy enough, a stocky looking boxer- but he opens the front door, and it just runs round the street loose, whilst he's inside his house with his weed and whatever else.

Its a quietish road, with not that many cars but its not the point.

Its a terrace so I know the walls are thinner/noise will seem louder.

But when I'm thinking when I get home from work, I best not put my washer on/hoover in the evening/feel bad drying my hair before I go to work because I dont think its fair, its getting me down a bit

Thanks for all your replies.

Just to clear a few things up, we do both own our properties so unfortunately i cant get them kicked out.

Im not confused about times as he goes out at all times of the day and night as he works all different times of the day.

They unfortunately arent the kind of neighbours that i can come to some agreement with as they are both extremely changeable as one minute they are nice as pie and saying "hi" when they see you and the next they are threatening to kick your head in. Iv had countless problems with them and would love to shop them to the police, etc, for a number of things and would just like a quiet life and dont want my kids to see me being yelled at when i walk out of the front door!

Im the same as one of the other posters as i dont even use my back garden due to the abuse and threats i get shouted at me. You would think it was me that caused all the problems!

Ill try going to the council and see what they can do as i really cant afford to move anywhere at the minute.

Thanks

Sound like bullys to me and the quicker you stand up to them the better.

How is the estate agent to know about noisy neighbours if they werent informed by the seller??

As part of the conveyance the seller would normally complete a questionaire that touches on disputes with neighbours etc.

Where is Jeffrey Shaw?!

Sellers aren't always truthful. When we bought our house the seller did not disclose the noise problems they'd had from next door. We'd only been in a few days when the music started. It was deafening.

It rarely happens now thankfully. If my husband hadn't been seriously ill not long after we moved here, we'd have taken legal advice. Our seller was related to their solicitor, :o and we feel that their solicitor had some liability in ensuring we got the full facts. Jeffrey, if you see this you might like to comment!

Edited by Ms Macbeth

They are perfectly within their rights to own a motorcycle and chickens, when my next door neighbour sets off to work at 6.30am his car sometimes wakes me up but hey that's life !

What a stupid post, I bet if they lived next to you then you would definitely have a different opinion then 'thats life'.

OP, the Council are clamping down on ignorant people like these so follow the rules accordingly and it will be dealt with.

you can keep chickens in your garden but thay can be messy but you cant keep a cockeralm or give them away but ive gone of the point yes in gardens for the very reason you say they are very noisey and what do they need a cockeral chichenswill still lay eggs and be quiet without a covkeral go and make a complait to the council even if the own their own home it still dosnt matter use a camcorder or mobile phone to record noise from the bird and the moter bike keep a record of when the noise start and the time, andhow many times a day but jou must keep a record cause that will be what the council will want before they can take legal action. but a vist from the housing officer for your area might do the trick before it goes to court i kept about 2 dozen chickens on my allotment but no cockeral they are only needed if your going to bread from them and fertaiise the eggs i then had a stroke and had to give up the allotment and the birds but i did keep 2 in my garden i found i got all the eggs i needed 2 a day when i had the flock i had had so many eggs i used to sell the yes go and see an housing officer good luck