Awful neighbours

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

The woman sets off for work at 6am as you laze in bed-I bet they think you are bad neighbours.keeping livestock is a quaint hobby,and will mean they are being green in their lifestyle.If they are fighting that is different but how can they be at for all hours when one has left for work.It soundslike you are a bit confused with all the excitement.

Im 90% certain that your not allowed to keep chickens unless you have written consent from both joining neighbours and im sure your not allowed cockerals full stop! Ring council and check

What do you mean-they are fowl not wildebeest.You will be saying that goldfish are illegal if more than 5km from an exclusion zone.:hihi:

If only........... They will drink your tea and preach like jehovas witnessess as to why they are unable to act............

Not their fault of course as their hands are tied by this law or that law or the incidences have to be varified by their own wardens.

Their own wardens generally dont put in an appearance in a realistic time frame to witness the offences or they make their presence as obvious as an ice cream van in which case they dont witness the events or the perptrators cease to offend upon seeing their arrival.

Either way it amounts to the DBA squad - do bugger all......

Agree with you totally about the wardens. We no longer even see them, But the Noise Pollution Team are very different, effective (for a friend) and well worth contacting.

Why am I imagining them wearing Ghost Busters suits? :huh:;)

Don't know why but I could imagine them dressed as the Village People :hihi:

Oh how I wish you luck. The council noise pollution dept is totally useless. Their bosses are an inept corrupt bunch. The council leaders should be out of their jobs, A more useless shower of inept prats would be hard to find.

Thanks for all your replies.

Just to clear a few things up, we do both own our properties so unfortunately i cant get them kicked out.

Im not confused about times as he goes out at all times of the day and night as he works all different times of the day.

They unfortunately arent the kind of neighbours that i can come to some agreement with as they are both extremely changeable as one minute they are nice as pie and saying "hi" when they see you and the next they are threatening to kick your head in. Iv had countless problems with them and would love to shop them to the police, etc, for a number of things and would just like a quiet life and dont want my kids to see me being yelled at when i walk out of the front door!

Im the same as one of the other posters as i dont even use my back garden due to the abuse and threats i get shouted at me. You would think it was me that caused all the problems!

Ill try going to the council and see what they can do as i really cant afford to move anywhere at the minute.

Thanks

move house,

seriously thats what we had to do,we would plan day trips for the kids and have to cancel them due to not getting any sleep due to loud music and shouting,

makes me angry as we lost a lot of money by doing this but we had to do it,

its horrible you have my sympathy

I agree, a bit drastic but thats what I did, I put up with old man next door having his tv full blast day after day, then he died, they moved the family from hell in (it was a council house, mine was bought) you could hear word for word through the wall (not exaggerating) loud music, dog barking, shouting etc so I moved. And the street I'm on now is very quiet.

We had noisy neighbours years ago, they were up until early hours playing loud music, and general racket,or they would be out with friends till early hours during weekdays, leaving their dog to howling and barking constantly until they came home, and when you have to be up early , its no joke. So a spot of Led Zepplin on full belt, with speakers touching the dividing wall at 5-45 am,well lets say it wasn't appreciated, but made a point. Then they moved. !!

Like it..! :)

First of all, I would advise you to talk with your neighbours in the first place and tell them the exact behaviours that annoy you.

The most probable, is that it wont solve nothing, because noisy people are like that, and it's impossible to change.

Noise can really ruin your life, and the european court of human rights, in a very famous decision, declared that noise contamination was a very important offence, and that the local authorities were obliged to enforce reasonable noise levels.

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

I recently watched a TV programme where a rooster was 'confiscated' because it caused disturbance to the neighbours. It's legit, try to seek legal advice I would recommend!

council noise pollution team will need you to fill out some diary sheets of time of noise event, what noise was being made and how it made you feel, then they'll fit a noise monitor and judge for themselves and take action.

our neighbours have now left thanks to my complaints.

Why dont they just fit a noise monitor straight away,saves time? etc.