Awful neighbours

Are you on glue?

So, everybody is perfectly entitled to basically do what they want without any consideration for anyone else then?

Nothing entitles you to make someone else's life a misery.

Did I say that its ok to make someone elses life a misery ? What I am saying is that we all have to put up with various noises like the bin men collecting etc etc. The police helicopter wakes me up on a regular basis shall I put a complaint in !

The 'Council Noise Pollution Team'?! Christ, you can just imagine what that set of jobsworths are like can't you?! :D

Why am I imagining them wearing Ghost Busters suits? :huh:;)

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

a mate in london had to deal with a noisy neighbour who was keeping his gran awake through the night....put him in the boot of a car for three days...now grans peace has been restored....

Did I say that its ok to make someone elses life a misery ? What I am saying is that we all have to put up with various noises like the bin men collecting etc etc. The police helicopter wakes me up on a regular basis shall I put a complaint in !

You said "they are perfectly within their rights" which is basically condoning this individuals lack of consideration for their neighbours.

How can the helicopter flying over your house occasionally or the bin men collecting be compared with the constant noise of a motorbike and chickens next door to you?

The first two instances are people going about their work and the last one is obviously an a***hole with no thought for others.

I despair.

The 'Council Noise Pollution Team'?! Christ, you can just imagine what that set of jobsworths are like can't you?! :D

I can imagine how relieved I'd be to see them if the neighbours were making my life hell.

They are perfectly within their rights to own a motorcycle and chickens, when my next door neighbour sets off to work at 6.30am his car sometimes wakes me up but hey that's life !

Not necessarily true. The deeds of our house and all the ones around us forbid us from keeping chickens.

So a spot of Led Zepplin on full belt, with speakers touching the dividing wall at 5-45 am,well lets say it wasn't appreciated, but made a point. Then they moved. !!

I did the same with AC/DC once years ago! That worked too!

a mate in london had to deal with a noisy neighbour who was keeping his gran awake through the night....put him in the boot of a car for three days...now grans peace has been restored....

Yeah right :suspect:

Yanking your chain perhaps??

Anybody putting somebody in the boot of their car for three days could well be facing a manslaughter charge, or at the very least kidnap?

Think somebody's having a laugh with you :hihi:

If only........... They will drink your tea and preach like jehovas witnessess as to why they are unable to act............

Not their fault of course as their hands are tied by this law or that law or the incidences have to be varified by their own wardens.

Their own wardens generally dont put in an appearance in a realistic time frame to witness the offences or they make their presence as obvious as an ice cream van in which case they dont witness the events or the perptrators cease to offend upon seeing their arrival.

Either way it amounts to the DBA squad - do bugger all......

Edited by Hemibr

take it from one who learnt the hard way your only option is to move, council, police, 101, court all useless, hope you find happiness as i did, good luck.

I'm the same I ended up moving, my former neighbour was an alcoholic was a nightmare, came home one day to find he'd cut my fencing down with a chainsaw because he wanted to get a cement mixer on his back yard & had to come down my drive & through my fence to do so. I was too scared to go on my back yard because he told me that if he let his pit bulls out they would attack my dog & new born baby. The final straw was when he climbed up my drain pipe & smashed my bedroom window (apparently rather selfish of me to have my alarm set in the morning which woke him) well the drainpipe broke & he fell breaking his arm - next thing I knew I was getting sued for his injury. The council & police weren't interested as I refused further mediation - on the first attempt he tried attacking me). Luckily the neighbours where I moved to couldn't be nicer

Im 90% certain that your not allowed to keep chickens unless you have written consent from both joining neighbours and im sure your not allowed cockerals full stop! Ring council and check

I really sympathise with the OP - we had this problem with very noisy neighbours years ago, but the noise was just the tip of the iceberg. Found out later that they had been evicted.

We solved the problem by moving house, and now we have the best neighbours we could wish for.