Awful neighbours

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

Steal his chickens then post him a packet of paxo and tell him if he dosent knock the noise off then his beloved fowel are going to be sunday lunch!

Call the Council Noise Pollution Team, for a start, and you need to start keeping a diary of the date and times of the nuisance, the type of nuisance, (eg a fight, or the bike revving etc) and how long it lasts.

Call the Council Noise Pollution Team, for a start, and you need to start keeping a diary of the date and times of the nuisance, the type of nuisance, (eg a fight, or the bike revving etc) and how long it lasts.

The 'Council Noise Pollution Team'?! Christ, you can just imagine what that set of jobsworths are like can't you?! :D

I have the worst neighbours in history. I have had countless problems with them over the years and endless arguments.

The walls to our house are thin and we have to constantly listen to them argue and fight at all hours of the day.

They now have a motorcycle which is started up and reved on the back garden for 10 minutes before being driven down the footpath that runs at the bottom of my garden, this happens anytime from 6am. ANd now to top it off they have chickens and a cockerel which crows from 5am and then carries on throughout the day.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about any of this as they aren't the type of neighbours that you can speak to and reason with.

They are perfectly within their rights to own a motorcycle and chickens, when my next door neighbour sets off to work at 6.30am his car sometimes wakes me up but hey that's life !

I have had trouble in the past i found the council VERY helpfull good luck no one deserves that!!

The 'Council Noise Pollution Team'?! Christ, you can just imagine what that set of jobsworths are like can't you?! :D

Yes, they very efficient, actually. A friend of mine has been having noise problems from his neighbours, they are holding loud parties, fighting, and doing DIY through the night. he's had two visits so far from the team to gather evidence, and action is to be taken against the culprits.

Job done!

They are perfectly within their rights to own a motorcycle and chickens, when my next door neighbour sets off to work at 6.30am his car sometimes wakes me up but hey that's life !

Maybe not.

If there jobsworths they will make the op happy dont you think?

Sorry everyone cos I know this is dreadful for the poster ! But Mr Moran ,you have just nearly made me choke on my orange juice. That was so funny.

Please contact the Council's noise team for advice or you can call 101 which is a joint Council / Police info line

Hope you get things sorted

move house,

seriously thats what we had to do,we would plan day trips for the kids and have to cancel them due to not getting any sleep due to loud music and shouting,

makes me angry as we lost a lot of money by doing this but we had to do it,

its horrible you have my sympathy