Name needed for my puppy - and also a name to register her with the KC

Hi

Is your breeder allowing you to choose her KC name?

Breeders that show and breed as a business have a registered kennel name. My harlie dane is called Dardanus Blue Opel and all of her family have Dardanus in their KC name so if these dogs ever win future shows they breeding is recognised by them. Her proper name is Skye.

When I bred her it was just a one off so I didn't want to pay for the registered kennel name so they all had to have different names and you can't repeat any words. Bella is called Grand Azureous Belle for big blue beauty cos she is a big, blue and beautiful :D

Do you plan to show her?

When can you take her home?

Terri

You don't HAVE to use any part of the kc name for her regular name. Our St Bernard is called Alpenine Amazing Mo but we call her Holly as we got her near christmastime. Some of my cats n kittens have been named using their registered name but it's all personal choice.

The Lhasa Apso originated in Tibet in the Himalayan Mountains hundreds of years ago. It's named after the sacred city of Lhasa. For years the breed remained solely bred in Tibet by holy men and nobles. It was used as a watchdog in temples and monasteries. The dog was considered sacred. The belief was that when its master died the master's soul entered the Lhasa Apso's body. The breed was not easy to come across and were hard to buy. The dogs were considered good luck to their owners. In 1933 the dogs spread to other parts of the world thanks to C. Suydam Cutting, who introduced the first Lhasas to the USA as gifts from the 13th Dalai Lama. Tibet's ruler would present them to visiting foreign diplomats. The Lhasa Apso first appeared in Britain in the 1920's and in the USA in 1930. It was first recognized by the AKC in 1935.

Hi

This is on http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/lhasaapso.htm . It says they were considered to be good luck to their owners. Why don't you find the tibetan word for lucky and have something like lucky little princess? or princess penelope of luck?

It's quite fun thinking of names :)

The 'breeder' has only mated the bitch once - and doesn't plan to breed from her again - she doesn't show her dog either, she's a family pet. The breeders letting me choose my own KC name. This is all very new to me, I've never bothered registering before

That's quite nice of her to let you choose.

There is a name check service on the kennel club wesite so you can check that you can have the name you have chosen. If you don't check it and it is already taken the kennel club will return the form and they can be quite slow. It also gives you the guidlines like how many letters you can have. It's on this link

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/namecheck/Default.aspx

good luck choosing!

Terri

Is the breeder registering all the pups in the litter?

Thanks hounds

The breeder is only registering the pups if the new owners want the registration - for an additional charge to cover, out of 6 pups, 5 have been chosen and 4 (incl me) want registering - so she's waiting till next week and registering them all together

my labradors kc name is cumwell princess lol i got her when i was 15 and everybody used to laugh at me at school pmsl

Haven't named a KC dog for over 20 years now. The last one was a GSD bitch called Kimberly Moonshine and we used to call her Kim at home.

It's actually frowned upon for breeders to charge to register their litters, and you can get struck off for it, as far as i remember.

The breeder should register her litter of puppies, then you get the form with your pup to transfer ownership to you.

don't take to long in choosing as they have to be registered by 4 week at

the least i should imagine the breeder will have told you that anyway

what happened to your other 2 i know you had a couple didn't you was one a rescue if i remember im sorry if they have passed on

have a look at this website it may help :)

http://tibbies.net/puppy_names.html

They don't HAVE to be registered by 4 weeks You an register pups upto 6 months after