Private tuition for daughter

Hello

I was just wondering if you had found a tutor?

Emma

Many thanks for all kind responses ,I have now found a tutor using the Forum.

Hi,

You are not poor parents for wanting to help your daughter, personally I think it is very supportive and refreshing to see. Have you thought about KUMON, I have friends with children who have found it amazing as a "catch up" and it has very good reviews. It's not cheap, but the methods they use are something you could also get involved with. They do do 2 and 3 week free trials. I am considering it for my 10 yr old. Good Luck !!

I'll second the Kumon route. My youngest son struggled big time with his Maths and at age 10 went to "Kumon" locally. It's based upon repetition learning and numerical relations and worked wonders with his Maths. He's now studying at Leeds Uni. ALSO, it is said that learning music, be it piano, guitar whatever and the theory behind it also helps greatly with numeracy. .....BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES LET YOUR KIDS LOOSE WITH A RECORDER !!!:hihi:

I'm not able to offer a recommendation, but just wanted to say that a tutor can be a really good move. Children of most ages listen and concentrate more when it's an outside party, opposed to a parent.

Good luck with finding someone suitable, i'm sure there's plenty out there.

I'm not able to offer a recommendation, but just wanted to say that a tutor can be a really good move. Children of most ages listen and concentrate more when it's an outside party, opposed to a parent.

Good luck with finding someone suitable, i'm sure there's plenty out there.

The primary school my kids attended had a meeting to tell parents to stop using the techniques they had learnt for maths to help their kids as it had all changed. I bought the Carol Vorderman work books and sat with my kids to help them. They were age appropriate so covered correct curriculum area.

Maths got beyond me when they reached Y7 so had to pay a tutor.

Hi

Wondered if you have a tutor yet? My wife is a primary school teacher and tutor and has over 10 years experience. PM me if you want further details

Thanks

Kieron

Hi

I run the Kip McGrath Education Centre in Sheffield, we are qualified teachers that provide additional support for children aged 6-16 in maths, English and secondary science. If you're still looking and would like to pop in for a free assessment give us a call on 01142 700 303.

Thanks

Nicola

Back in February, the OP said they'd found a tutor. However, the thread seems to be being revived periodically by various tutor-hopefuls!

Hi, I am a primary school teacher with 7 years of experience of teaching children in year groups 1-6. I offer 1 to 1 tuition, that is tailored to the individual child and am willing to have a chat to you to discuss your concerns and priorities for you child, please email me at Joanna93f@hotmail.com to discuss further, Joanna.