How can I find my wedding date without requesting certificate

My daughter is applying for a passport for my grandson and it asks for her parents date of marriage. We divorced over 20 years ago and I have no idea of the date. If I apply for a copy of the marriage certificate it will cost me £25, which I'm loathed to do. Does anyone know of any other ways I might find it?

If you married in a church you should be able to view their registry.

Unfortunately it was at Sheffield Register Office.

£25? That's a lot. The R.O. must have a list of marriages solemnised, month-by-month; that list would reveal the parties' names/dates.

BMD should have it or in at least one of the quarters, and it may help to jog your memmory pm me the details and i will try to look for you

GF

Does anyone know of any other ways I might find it?
Have you tried using a UK genealogy site, using a free registration or trial period? Their records are duplicated from the same source. Not sure if they'd have data as recent as yours, though, but maybe worth a shot?

Don't you have a copies of the decree nisi/absolute/divorce papers? Does it state on any of those when the date of marriage was? Sorry if it seems a dumb question but I really don't know as I've never been divorced.

Don't you have a copies of the decree nisi/absolute/divorce papers? Does it state on any of those when the date of marriage was?

Good point- or maybe the solicitors' correspondence stated the exact date?

Strange you don't remember the day you got married?

I divorced over 20 years ago but still remember the date of my wedding. My mother divorced my Dad 25 years ago after 25 years of marriage. She's since remarried but still remembers the date of her first marriage.

Something seems a bit fishy here :suspect:

HarmoKnee - what do you mean something seems a bit fishy - what are you implying ????

Strange you don't remember the day you got married?

I divorced over 20 years ago but still remember the date of my wedding. My mother divorced my Dad 25 years ago after 25 years of marriage. She's since remarried but still remembers the date of her first marriage.

Something seems a bit fishy here :suspect:

Yeah, I think it's a bit fish too. I am sure the Passport Agency do not need that information when processing a child's passport. Parent's information, certainly.

Yeah, I think it's a bit fish too. I am sure the Passport Agency do not need that information when processing a child's passport. Parent's information, certainly.

I have to say that that did surprise me, I can't recall having to provide this kind of information when we got my kids' passports, but things may have changed? Perhaps they're more stringent now?