Townsend Gardens let down.

On Christmas eve I visited Townsend Gardens Florist on South Road, Walkley to order some flowers for my wife's birthday and our 4th wedding anniversary which was on 28th December 2011.

I was at work all day but my wife was at home with our three year old daughter, I returned from work at around 5pm to find no flowers had been delivered to my wife on the agreed day of delivery.

I phoned the shop the next day (29th) to ask why these had not been delivered to be told, I quote "you didn't order them from here" I asked her to check again to which she said oh yes i've found the ticket can we deliver them now, I was out at the time so told them to leave them at my front door.

Just felt the need to get this out there as it seems very Unprofessional.

Poor!

Very disappointing for you. However my family have all used Townsends for years and had no problems so it seems like you were unfortunate on this occasion.

yes we have them and they have always been very good, leaving it to xmas eve was poss a bit late as you can imagine florist are going to be hectic and you should have rung them 9am to check that day , its still not a excuse but im sure your wife was pleased that you had done it as a nice thought on your part

Should have gone to Sarah's on Middlewood Rd Craigos, support your local shops.

Stopped going to Sarah's because the last flowers I had from there had been frozen and died in a few days.

my mother in law said they had been frozen, she knows her stuff on flowers.

Trust me!!!!!!

Very disappointing for you. However my family have all used Townsends for years and had no problems so it seems like you were unfortunate on this occasion.

Chris and Malcolm who had the shop for years, retired and sold up about 4 years ago. The shop now has new owners.

Jayne

Monica's then.

I've used Monica Hewitt's for years and I've always had fantastic comments on the flowers.

As the owner of Townsend Gardens Florist, I am sorry to read about your experience with us. We are a small family run business, and we always strive to do our best with quality of product, value for money and customer service. The fact that we failed you and your wife on this occassion, is unfortunate. We would therefore like to offer you a complimentary bouquet on your next visit to our shop. Please ask for myself the owner and I will happily make you a wonderful bouquet frree of charge. Please accept our sincere apologies, and we hope to see you soon.

Can't say fairer than that, good customer service.

As the owner of Townsend Gardens Florist, I am sorry to read about your experience with us. We are a small family run business, and we always strive to do our best with quality of product, value for money and customer service. The fact that we failed you and your wife on this occassion, is unfortunate. We would therefore like to offer you a complimentary bouquet on your next visit to our shop. Please ask for myself the owner and I will happily make you a wonderful bouquet frree of charge. Please accept our sincere apologies, and we hope to see you soon.

What a change to get a professional business-like response like that. You deserve a try.