How to get more backlinks for my site

Snipped

Dell Inspiron 530

Review of Dell Inspiron 530 - 300-500 words long, with a 2-3% match of targeted keywords

<a href="http://www.website.com/link-to-blog-post" alt="Buy Dell Inspiron 530">Buy Dell Inspiron 530 (Keyword(s))</a>

There is no such thing as ALT in an A tag.

In your Meta Tags

• Make sure you have one or two keywords in your keyword for THAT page.

• Make sure your main keyword for THAT page is entered in the Title tag.

• Make sure your main page keyword is in your description.

In your Copy

• Make sure the first line is <H1>.

• Use other headers tags liberally.

• Make sure you use your main page keyword in a <H1>.

• Make sure you main page keyword in entered in the First sentence after your <H1> first line.

• Use your main page keyword between 1% to 3% of your copy text.

• Make sure your main keyword is in the last sentence of your copy.

• If you want to target several keywords, they'll need their own pages.

• If you mention a keyword in your copy that relates to another keyword page, link to it in the copy.

• Build your website slowly, adding new content pages over time.

In your Meta Tags

• Make sure you have one or two keywords in your keyword for THAT page.

• Make sure your main keyword for THAT page is entered in the Title tag.

• Make sure your main page keyword is in your description.

In your Copy

• Make sure the first line is <H1>.

• Use other headers tags liberally.

• Make sure you use your main page keyword in a <H1>.

• Make sure you main page keyword in entered in the First sentence after your <H1> first line.

• Use your main page keyword between 1% to 3% of your copy text.

• Make sure your main keyword is in the last sentence of your copy.

• If you want to target several keywords, they'll need their own pages.

• If you mention a keyword in your copy that relates to another keyword page, link to it in the copy.

• Build your website slowly, adding new content pages over time.

Looking at your site, you seem to know what you are doing, but wouldn't your site be better implementing it as all text instead of images as text?

implementing it as all text instead of images as text?

sorry i dont understand what you mean - images as text ?

oh dear... the age-old SEO argument reaches SF! he he!!

All I can say is, if what you do enables your or your clients websites to rise in the search engine results for good keywords, and in a reasonably quick time, then you're doing something right.

That doesn't mean to say you cannot improve or learn, but be careful to follow incorrect advice and waste time and perhaps money (especially when paying someone to do it).

Edited by indizine

Aside from whats already been mentioned - bookmarking on sites like delicious or Digg can help.

Utilise services such as Squidoo.com and Brownbook.net to create business listings/micro-sites and place backlinks to your site in there. You can then use other methods to improve the 'authority' of these sites so they give more weight to the links.

Blogging is also a powerful tool to increase backlinks, as is submitting your blogs rss feed to rrs aggregators. You can download a lot of browser addons which tell you if a link is followed or not but remember it's not all about the followed links (a ratio of 3 no-follows to 1 follow is often stated as best practice for Google - other search engines will generally fall into place if you concentrate on Google).

I work for a franchise of a large company and have to do some SEO work myself to get the site ranking better, luckily my son is a professional and has shown me a lot of tricks. It does take a while but we're on page 3/4 after a month of work whereas we were outside the top 10 pages.

Onsite SEO is also important, look at improving your title tags, meta descriptions (mainly for conversions) and keyword placement on your site.

If you need more help I can give you the details of someone who could help you for a small fee, he's been a great help to me (along with my son - he's only 16 so doesn't do it professionally - yet!). If you don't want to pay for a service then Google is your friend - look for SEO Moz and read what they have to say as well as other 'experts'

I have my website linked on yell.com and thomsonlocal Using Googles webmaster tool I can see that only 2% and 1% of visitors are from these directories. The results page from both directories have a page rank of zero so although it shows a hyperlink to my website the back link effect is useless.

Didnt see anyone mention above, but how about Yahoo Answers, and other Answer sites, also, if you could have some engaging content on your site (link bait) something that people will want to link to.

This way as you get traffic from people visiting your site from your answers and building up your reputation, some people may like the fact-sheets you have on your site relating to your business(for example) and in return link back.

Also, having useful information on your site will help your search engine positions and again as people visit your site, find your useful information and link back to you

To summarise:

- Yahoo Answers (build up a reputation and be helpful)

- Link Bait(something that people will want to link to)

Hope this helps