Neil Bishop (Regents Court)

Anyone know the wherabouts of Neil Bishop who went to Hillsborough infants Parkside Rd.

He lived with his family in the 1950s in Regents court flats (they were posh then) the flats I mean. He loved tennis and played on the courts behind the flats.

Neil was still living (or at least visiting his parents) at Regent Court in the late 60's.

I knew him vaguely. His Dad gave us free tennis lessons on the courts behind the flats. I believe he (the dad) taught at Hillsborough Boys Club.

I did here (through this forum) that his sister Carol sadly died a few years ago.

No other information....sorry.

Neal is a long-time member of the Hallamshire Tennis Club.

A phone call there should be able to connect you two easily.

Best, and say hi from me!

Frank Baldock

Didn't know Neil, but certainly knew Bert, presumably his Dad (?).

He DID coach tennis at Hillsborough Boys club, and was absolutely superb.

Such a patient likeable bloke who set my interest in Tennis for about the next 15 years, since overtaken by Golf.

Tell Neil he had a dad to be proud of!!! Sorry to read about Carol who I hadn't met.

Could I just say that I have been in touch with arrodbo re Neal.

Unfortunately due to the passage of time, Neal could not remember arrodbo !

Didn't know Neil, but certainly knew Bert, presumably his Dad (?).

He DID coach tennis at Hillsborough Boys club, and was absolutely superb.

Such a patient likeable bloke who set my interest in Tennis for about the next 15 years, since overtaken by Golf.

Tell Neil he had a dad to be proud of!!! Sorry to read about Carol who I hadn't met.

That's correct...Bert was the Dad.

Besides coaching at Hillsborough Boys Club he taught us youngsters at Regent Court . There was two (originally three) tennis courts in the grounds of the flats and Bert was always willing to offer advice and give freely of his time.

I am sure that Roger Taylor of Wimbledon fame also lived in Regent Court and used the courts. The courts encouraged a lot of the locals to play tennis. I remember Robert Hill another resident of Regent Court who was a good tennis player.I believe singer Tony Christie lived in the flats in more recent times.

Quite right JMT.....Roger Taylor lived on the flats and played there.

I went to the Hillsborough Boys Club in the 50's. Mr Bishop taught tennis in the gym. All the Bishop family were good tennis players. Margo Carol Neil and Mrs Bishop. I think Bert was a chemist at Bassets.I along with Steven Woodhead were invited to play in Regents Court on a Sat. morning.What a lovely family.

I played mixed doubles a few times with  Carol  for Hillsbro Park tennis club in the Sheffield & District parks  league she was  a left handy with a great forehand.Also  I have played  Neil  on the squash court when Pinegrove  country club was in its hayday in 80's

Sorry folks, Neil passed away  a couple of years ago. We know the family well, one of Neil's lads is a long time friend of my son