Does anyone know where cookie dough is sold?

Looked pretty much everywhere to find some, but have had no luck yet! I know they sell it in the U.S. But i've yet to see any sold in England. Anyone know a place that sells it?

I know Tesco used to have it in a tube, don't know if they still do though. It was in the chilled section near the pastry. Asda also do cookie dough in a little tub, saw it when I nipped in for something on my way home a few days ago.

Why not just buy some ready made cookies???

Some people actually like to eat the dough raw, or use it in other things, like ice cream, and as for making your own, its never quite the same :P

Some people actually like to eat the dough raw, or use it in other things, like ice cream, and as for making your own, its never quite the same :P

Well that's exactly my predicament, i love the cookie dough pieces in Ben & Jerry's ,tried making my own and it just tasted :gag:

raw cookie dough is awesome, sickening, but awesome..

though now that ive been out of the us for over 6 years, i dont actually miss it.

edit:

This is the recipe I use from home for making cookies, tastes just like the stuff you get in a tube - except with less preservatives/chemicals...

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (I use Lurpak, and it keeps the cookies soft after baking)

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (or any other brand of semi-sweet chocolate)

1 cup chopped nuts

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:

PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Edited by alternageek

Asda do a ready to roll cookie dough in a tub. Bought some a few weeks ago, think it was about £1.50 a tub (with choc chips to add)

raw cookie dough is awesome, sickening, but awesome..

though now that ive been out of the us for over 6 years, i dont actually miss it.

edit:

This is the recipe I use from home for making cookies, tastes just like the stuff you get in a tube - except with less preservatives/chemicals...

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (I use Lurpak, and it keeps the cookies soft after baking)

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (or any other brand of semi-sweet chocolate)

1 cup chopped nuts

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:

PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Thanks I'll give that a go :) Although i've never used cup measurements before! :?

No homemade food is always better and you know what you are eating, instead of all the e numbers and preservatives that are in shop bought products.

Of course it is better, but it never TASTES quite the same, never tastes quite as good (due to all the crap they add to the shop bought ones)