Problems with Fijit toys

Has anyone had any problems with Fijit toys? I bought the pink one for my daughter. Everytime she interacted with it to try and get it to dance it would start to answer her, move its head back and then short out for a second and then start all over again!! we returned it to the shop and they replaced it with a new one and this one is doing exactly the same thing!!!

im gonna take it back for a refund this time but wondered if anyone else has had similar problems.

Perhaps it didn't understand your daughter's accent? - I don't know how flexible the programming is.

I used a 'voice to text' typing program for a while and although it worked pretty well once I'd taught it to recognise my voice (and provided I uses it in a place with little or no background noise) it was useless if I tried to use it when it was set up to recognise my son's voice and vice-versa.

It may sound daft or obvious but have you tried changing the batteries?

We got one for little S this xmas and it was a bit dodgy with commands until we changed the battery. Its been fine ever since.

The batteries that come in them are poor quality 'demo' batteries and who knows how long they have been in there and how much 'work' they have done in the shop with peeps testing them out.

My Mum changed the batteries in the one she bought for my daughter as soon as she opened it, as it does clearly state they are demo batteries only. They probably don't power it well enough for it to actually do anything x